Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So Dendy wins..Hit 89 here and not 90. Tap cip to him.. like we cap tip the Yanks comeback win today 

After going down with a ship the size of the Titanic on Fathers Day Weekend, this is good personal growth.  Sometimes we wrong and need to acknowledge it.  Bravo.

Congrats on the college-bound kid too.

Yankees are the best team in the AL this season but they still suck.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Taking the kids to the game on July 17th vs Sox at the Stadium.  3 tix came to $579. Unreal . Oldest daughter heading to college in August .. so this will be last one for awhile 

It was 4 bucks for bleacher seats back in the late 80s.

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My first MLB game was at Fenway. $2 bleacher seats (first row in CF). 

we took the entire company (I was painting houses for college $$) to fenway to see a game, paid for tickets and the T (from newton)  for everyone, was less than $150 in total for ~20 people.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Baking in the sun all game.  Fenway bleacher seats are so uncomfortable, especially the ones that are in those areas where there is the funky angled seat layout. 

Went to a DH in the 70's with 3 friends, we had to wait in line because it was first come first serve and you saw both games for the price of one. Our seats were almost at the top maybe 3-4 rows below. It was high 90's and humid, we were drinking beer, btw were much cheaper back then and took our shirts off due to the heat. I paid for that move for a few days afterwards, I was burnt to a crisp and hungover from the cheap beer.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Stein has been large and in charge for awhile. Maybe he gets punched today, but he ain’t going anywhere.

Well this front was another fail.   0.22" is not enough to do anything for the water table.  I am lucky that I got a localized .55" shower last week.  

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

Baking in the sun all game.  Fenway bleacher seats are so uncomfortable, especially the ones that are in those areas where there is the funky angled seat layout. 

So, this will be controversial but Fenway pretty much sucks, unless you have the best seats.  I was sitting down the first baseline about 20 rows up just past the dugout once and I realized that the way the seat was facing made me constantly keep my head turned to the left to see any pitching and most base running.  Add to the fact that those old seats are back and ass breakers, it's just not a great fan experience a lot of the time.  Heaven help you if you are tucked underneath the other seats during hot, humid weather, it's like a smelly sauna.  I appreciate the history and significance of Fenway but there are better paces to watch a game.

• Like 4