Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah I think the valleys need to recover more from the rad cooling night. CON/ASH were in the low to mid 50s while ORH had a low of 64°.

Yup... BDL just surged 6 F in 25 min... 75 to 81 ...   We're probably going to see some spikes here soon...then level slower rises to 90

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rimetree said:

My Davis has me 82/66 now. Backyard lobster and steak later with guests...hoping that sea breeze that's been here for a week makes an appearance this afternoon. 

Should be a nice sea breeze later. 

The high provides only a very light W/NW flow across the interior.
A sea breeze develops and push north across Long Island and
southern Connecticut through the afternoon, providing some relief
from the heat as the onshore wind develops.

Just waiting for this sea mist to clear here before heading out on the boat..

20220624-164911.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

Finally some decent heat.  A bunch of SE Asian veggies in the garden that only really grow well when the temps are hot.  These ~75 and dry days don't really work well for them.  Hopefully the warmer and more humid regime sticks around for a while.

We've had an exceptional cilantro crop which seems to like the cooler wx.   It'll be coriander soon enough with the incoming air masses. 

Thai basil should start taking off now hopefully.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, radarman said:

We've had an exceptional cilantro crop which seems to like the cooler wx.   It'll be coriander soon enough with the incoming air masses. 

Thai basil should start taking off now hopefully.  

Yep, cilantro has been crazy this year.  Thai basil is okay but still small.  Holy Basil and some Thai squash and pumpkins are what really need the heat.  Holy Basil is barely bigger than when they sprouted 2+ weeks ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

It is scorching hot in Windsor CT. Not used to warmth. Been 70f all summer in Boston. 

Looking at an apartment in Simsbury CT. Couldn't justify buying in this market. 

Forget get price for the moment , please say that is just west of CT river valley . One town to the left has like 8-900’ elevation, tell me you got the Pants on Enough that you can get the 500’ added elevation available within a few Mile distance 

56 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Forget get price for the moment , please say that is just west of CT river valley . One town to the left has like 8-900’ elevation, tell me you got the Pants on Enough that you can get the 500’ added elevation available within a few Mile distance 

Lol not going to happen. She likes going out and shopping too much. I have been pushing for isolation 

5 hours ago, rimetree said:

My Davis has me 82/66 now. Backyard lobster and steak later with guests...hoping that sea breeze that's been here for a week makes an appearance this afternoon. 

Still waiting for that sea breeze. The south coast is still roasting.

Screenshot-20220625-154003-Wunderground.