Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s kind of the deal where in the winter it makes baby steps . What looked cold and wintry on EPS slowly warms and turns into a mild pattern. This is summer version for f that so it starts mild, ends up HHH

Yeah I’m not sure about that yet.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

NNEs turn. Wind damage and power outages as these trees die. But also saw a lot of very thin trees in RI Tuesday from winter moth damage. Moth crap everywhere 

My daughter tells me they're doing a number in New Hampshire as well. Noticed some winter months in the woods this week but they don't seem to be doing any damage. We'll see...

9 hours ago, kdxken said:

You tried to tell 'em.

It will come but usually we feel it by now. After a cool Mar-April and a coc May-June, we have maybe 6wks of summeh to produce heat. Not impressive at all, considering how many times we were told it would arrive early and was here to stay…since March. They was drunk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It will come but usually we feel it by now. After a cool Mar-April and a coc May-June, we have maybe 6wks of summeh to produce heat. Not impressive at all, considering how many times we were told it would arrive early and was here to stay…since March. They was drunk.

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Which months have been below normal. Please list them out here. TIA!

I’ve read the first post a dozen times and still can’t see where there was mention of below normal temperature anomalies.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gypsies name was officially changed to the Sponge moths by the scientific community this past year. NW CT was crushed this spring. I was in Colebrook and Canaan and Norfolk. Heavy heavy tree damage with near leafless hillsides . Wish we lived there . 

Dumb why the change. 

• Confused 1

Gypsies name was officially changed to the Sponge moths by the scientific community this past year. NW CT was crushed this spring. I was in Colebrook and Canaan and Norfolk. Heavy heavy tree damage with near leafless hillsides . Wish we lived there . 

Come on. Seriously.  Due to the word being offensive to 3 or 4 people, and fake offensive to a dozen more?

4 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Come on. Seriously.  Due to the word being offensive to 3 or 4 people, and fake offensive to a dozen more?

The Romani people are Europe’s largest ethnic minority, and for more than five centuries they were enslaved in Romania, according to Smithsonianmagazine's Theresa Machemer. The Romani people have been “targets of enslavement, genocide, forced sterilization and migration, economic and social exclusion, and other manifestations of anti-Romani racism,” the Entomological Society of America (ESA) explains in its website, adding that the discrimination and racism still exists today in Europe. 

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The Romani people are Europe’s largest ethnic minority, and for more than five centuries they were enslaved in Romania, according to Smithsonianmagazine's Theresa Machemer. The Romani people have been “targets of enslavement, genocide, forced sterilization and migration, economic and social exclusion, and other manifestations of anti-Romani racism,” the Entomological Society of America (ESA) explains in its website, adding that the discrimination and racism still exists today in Europe. 

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

I don't mind changes like this. 

But when my company banned the term "slave" drives and "master" drives, then it gets a bit much since the context has nothing to do with America's history of slavery. In this case, ban the words altogether from the dictionary. It has gotten a bit ridulous at the corporate level. 

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I don't mind changes like this. 

But when my company banned the term "slave" drives and "master" drives, then it gets a bit much since the context has nothing to do with America's history of slavery. In this case, ban the words altogether from the dictionary. 

Eh.   To change those names I’m not sure if it makes life much harder although I don’t work in that industry so I can’t determine that. 
Obviously those terms predate American slavery by a long time but why keep it?   Are the replacement terms confusing?  I have no idea.   

Heh ... there is a SW heat release, but it is more so in the operational runs than the ens means.  That said, this recent closed low retrograde causing a stalled band of cloud and showers thing ...that was ferreted out by the operational runs and the ens means had to capitulate.  Sometimes these higher resolution/souped-up versions will pull from the other direction like that.

It's coming across at a lower trajectory than is ideal for us here, though. We're along the synoptic N edge...  in a summer that although young, is showing early signs of nadir-ing the flow over NE whenever it can.  I suppose for heat/summer enthusiasts, you gotta start somewhere ... maybe this one will do what none other could before:  get here  

The only thing is, there's a elephant ass vortex rollin' through Canada along the 55th parallel...  The GFS, as is typical at this range ( 168 - 200 hrs) accumulates too much depth in that feature ( 00z ), shamelessly ending up with a 528 dm non- hydrostatic height core (D8, 00z) while the NH enters the hottest climatological heights time of the year...  no problem - 

It's been a problem with the GFS guidance I've noted for the last several years actually, that it always is the deepest vortex guidance at D8.. It seems to correct as it get closer in time, but along that temporal outer seam between the late mid range and extended...?  PF posts happy and giddy about trough parades... 

But hey - we have model cinemas that our forefathers never got to be so psychotropically addicted to, lubing our moods with dopamine drips our otherwise dysphoric lives fail to provide. They certainly serve a purpose.

Thing is... the GGEM and Euro do something similar - which is to mean, they kind of end up with too much L/W power out in time, too. They arrive there for different reasons, tho ( probably).  The GFS, I think ... accumulates /integrates dynamic cooling surpluses that integrate mechanics. The Euro has a normalization scheme that tends to suck the life out of smaller wave protuberances giving their energy to the L/W trough ..thus, falsely creating constructive interference to convert that one lottery winner cumulus cloud into D9 coastal bomb.  The GGEM is just an amp happy POS out there in time no matter what..   Where as I, as usual... tried to pen something simple and quick but forgot along the way ... no one reads length anymore.  

I think the models may "fill" that vortex over eastern Canada along it's trajectory way. That could provide a more N ejection axis for the kinetic air layers.  It's tough though...because even though everything above is true, we have a separate kind of a cold butt-plug problem going on that is causing the flow to cut off/ curl back SW in NE .  

• Like 1

It’s ridiculous. The Indians are still the Indians.. Redskins still the Skins.. etc. 

Just playing devil's advocate ...

Those in this conversation presently hail from a cultural heritage steeped in this thing called 'white privilege'   

Oh, we don't think of it as such. We have complicated lives that piss us off, too. And take things away from us. Afflict struggles that f shit up ...etc. What privilege, right ?  

But fact of the matter is, those who are not of that cultural bias, encounter just as many life travails, PLUS a smoldering sideways looking society they were born and native to, PLUS 'institutional assumptions and stereotypes'  It just is what it is, and is quite true and real.   

We live in an era now that for whatever complex sociological reason, has become intensely introspective ... exposing these aspects.  From Me Too to straight up racism and back, all of it is exposed.   And unfortunately, "labels"  ( including team labels ) are examples of the institutional assumption -

See, you have to be in pain, to understand the angst in being called an "Indian" - something as whit folk, we never really have.  We can vicarious attempt and/or be sympathetic all we virtually force ourselves to be, ...and perhaps really feel.  But it's never the same. 

Sometimes helps to make an example to compare.  Suppose you created a new NFL team, like the Vegas Raiders, only you called it the Vegas Gay Rapers instead.  Does that seem right?    I mean, since we are human beings, and an absolute machine or "Vulcan" -like dispassionate gearing of society is IMpossible to achieve given our nature at a species requirement, you get into false-logic problem when allowing degrees of egregiousness. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I heard on the news this morning last year Boston already had 8 days above 90 by this date, this year zero.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Eh.   To change those names I’m not sure if it makes life much harder although I don’t work in that industry so I can’t determine that. 
Obviously those terms predate American slavery by a long time but why keep it?   Are the replacement terms confusing?  I have no idea.   

We should ban all such words and only have feel good, and happy words in the dictionary. Illegal use of any word deemed offensive, or derogatory, or other shall be punishable by a happy death (ie, smothered to death by a pillow of marshmallows by Captain Crunch while sailing an chocolate ocean on a boat made of Oreos). 

• Weenie 2

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Just playing devil's advocate ...

Those in this conversation presently hail from a cultural heritage steeped in this thing called 'white privilege'   

Oh, we don't think of it as such. We have complicated lives that piss us off, too. And take things away from us. Afflict struggles that f shit up ...etc. What privilege, right ?  

But fact of the matter is, those who are not of that cultural bias, encounter just as many life travails, PLUS a smoldering sideways looking society they were born and native to, PLUS 'institutional assumptions and stereotypes'  It just is what it is, and is quite true and real.   

We live in an era now that for whatever complex sociological reason, has become intensely introspective ... exposing these aspects.  From Me Too to straight up racism and back, all of it is exposed.   And unfortunately, "labels"  ( including team labels ) are examples of the institutional assumption -

See, you have to be in pain, to understand the angst in being called an "Indian" - something as whit folk, we never really have.  We can vicarious attempt and/or be sympathetic all we virtually force ourselves to be, ...and perhaps really feel.  But it's never the same. 

Sometimes helps to make an example to compare.  Suppose you created a new NFL time, like the Vegas Raiders, only you called it the Vegas Gay Rapers instead.  Does that seem right?    I mean, since we are human beings, and an absolute machine or "Vulcan" -like dispassionate gearing of society is IMpossible to achieve given our nature at a species requirement, you get into false-logic problem when allowing degrees of egregiousness. 

You’re preaching to a segment of population akin to an extremely stubborn choir which will never adapt to change, nor will they accept (or understand) the term “white privilege.”  They believe the world revolves around them and how it was then, how it is now…should always be. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1