Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That rain looks like big drop all

bark no bite stuff. Maybe a very narrow area gets a decent drink?

Some virga for surega. BOX/ENX showing rain over the chickens' heads, but GYX is dry and shows the echoes seemingly forming just SW of me and moving south. Basically tells me it's getting eaten up in the low levels.

Interesting ...trying to clear from the E... 

Looks like the flow aloft is beginning to back with that expected closure off-shore.  Last couple of hours, the eastern edge of this stubborn multi-day band of piece-o-shitness clouds is beginning to bow west from that exertion.   I can see open blue sky like 5 mi E of here,while the sun overhead is completely gone. It's a very sharp edge.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That rain looks like big drop all

bark no bite stuff. Maybe a very narrow area gets a decent drink?

It's coming down on the moderate side here in Springfield. This is miserable...absolutely miserable. It's so cold that my computer won't even display the temperature. It just says, "Rain to Stop"...when, Christmas???? This is terrible...I'm actually about to make a cup of hot cocoa 

• Haha 1

I miss the old NWS radar. The new one is way too sophisticated in its display and half the time I can’t get it to load. And I have a reasonable iPhone 11 and WiFi 

Too big for its britches. I think there’s a way they could have made it less data hungry and function better. I don’t need that fancy features for radar. 

27 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I miss the old NWS radar. The new one is way too sophisticated in its display and half the time I can’t get it to load. And I have a reasonable iPhone 11 and WiFi 

Too big for its britches. I think there’s a way they could have made it less data hungry and function better. I don’t need that fancy features for radar. 

oldradar.jpg

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

https://emmy7.casa.umass.edu/umaxx/nexrad.html

I don't have OKX, but ENX and BOX are available... this is likely still not what you want, but it loads a lot faster than the radar.gov page

29 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

Sunshine finally won the battle. The edge of gloom has receded west into the SE third of New Hampshire. Temps have risen to the lower 70s.

I had been watching it all morning ...because I have such a richly fulfilling and meaningful life otherwise ... and it's been interesting to see this rarity of improved conditions materializing from the Labradorian region - it's almost like the curse tried to hard and over shot. Lol 

Bust seriously it's got to be a unique synopsis to drive this total scenario like this.  Over the next 30 hours, we see the closure of mid level circulation then drive west some 350 naut mi of distance from 65 W to nearly 72 W, some 3 standard non-hydrostatic intervals of depth ... That's an unusual feature and trajectory combination at this time of year.   That sort of retrograde motion is more apt to occur in Feb and March, for seasonal reasons/concepts.  But in doing so, this bulging west of the warm front and associated cloud band did seem to happen in lock-step with the backing 500 mb flow that is currently taking place S of NS.   It's ironic that a close 500 mb/u/A low causes nice weather to happen on the coast?

like wtf chuck -

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

.42 today. Much better than folks here and models had. Just enough to wet down the surface and under trees. But it’ll evaporate in 2  hours tomorrow in sun and trees. Needs a lot more to end the Stein .. today was a start . Sun coming out now 

I don’t recall anybody here making calls. Nobody cared.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1