• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

I spent the most of the day outside…FREEZING. I wish I had my sweatshirt but only had a light jacket. But my sweatshirt was in Windsor locks. I did have a winter hat in my winter survival gear in the trunk…almost put that on. I mean whoever is working the Mother Nature shift today is a total poop head…this is a sick and cruel joke and nobody finds it funny. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

:lol:  Can’t get this in January.

328338A6-25E7-46AC-B39A-4C70C9BB6212.gif.b84fb3b748458f455e4173a1254f2b01.gif

See and people were bunning me three days ago when I told y’all we were going to see snow around

First time I’ve ever seen snow during my life between the Great Lakes and New England within the same week of the summer solstice

…yet +d(climate) rages on

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Bunch of miserable folk.  Was in the low 70s here and felt really nice outside.

I know right? The kids are still out playing in the sprinkler. Fine summer evening!

Lol on the folks that believed an op run of the GFS

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, WalpoleJoe said:

My college roommates son is serving his residency at MGH, he is from Tampa and got here about month ago. He texted today and says he loves this weather....

I'd like it about 5 degrees warmer, but I am not unhappy with these temps

Smart boy.

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

49° and rain for DIT right now. The pool may actually be the place to be to stay warm.

Get out.  He’s in the 40s now?  Colder than many a Grinch storm.

What a time to dig in and go down with the ship. Sometimes you gotta know when to get in the life raft.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Get out.  He’s in the 40s now?  Colder than many a Grinch storm.

What a time to dig in and go down with the ship. Sometimes you gotta know when to get in the life raft.

Tough night for those without long sleeves.

image.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, metagraphica said:

Thankfully rain stayed away from eastern CT this afternoon so I could get a bike ride in.  Nice and cool with a great tailwind on the way home.

Definitely not COC, but not a terrible day overall.

I worked, outside on the SE coast like I always do and I was mildly miserable.

When I woke up before work and perused the forecast I wasn’t sure what to make of it. High of 69… or was it 70? Depends on where I put the dot. I didn’t bother looking at the hourly graph either though.

Seeing the forecast I knew that a high of 69 could totally go either way but ultimately decided on shorts and T-shirt. I was swayed by the fact it’s mid June, sun should be strong right? Big mistake. The early sun was replaced by relentless stratocumulus deck  It was decidedly uncomfortable with wind chill… and I wound up wearing a light but obvious spare winter coat from my car trunk and looking weird and sweating because it was too heavy and I would alternate with and without it. Yuck. 

What I would have done for a cotton hoodie.

Next time I will at least use long sleeve shirt if it’s a high under 72 and I will also check hourly because today it tanked with each passing hour.

If the sun comes out tomorrow, we should see nice temps approaching shorts-wearing levels.  Quite an improvement so maybe the entire weekend isn’t lost.

“Previous Discussion... Where the sun shines, we will see temperatures boosted well into the 60s. Have lowered dew points a little below the NBM with values in the sunnier areas mainly in the 30s.“

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

If the sun comes out tomorrow, we should see nice temps approaching shorts-wearing levels.  Quite an improvement so maybe the entire weekend isn’t lost.

“Previous Discussion... Where the sun shines, we will see temperatures boosted well into the 60s. Have lowered dew points a little below the NBM with values in the sunnier areas mainly in the 30s.“

Mid 70s on Monday in the new NAM