Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

8 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

C and NNE, yea doesn't look pleasant. more like what we had in early May down here

Funny you mention... I was just looking over the 12z NAM's FOUS grid numerics and the thermal profile looks just about identical in memory to what I recall we suffered in May around this same time. 

This is really just a seasonal roll-back event - symbolically.  

By the folks, the NAM is trying to cat paw Mt Wachusett's summit tomorrow morning.  Whether that succeeds or not, to even see that suggestively on a model at all, pretty much on the Solstice?  That is an utter first for me.

This is truly special.  You feel for any of the dozen weddings happening around Stowe, ha.

Just steady small-droplet sheet rains, gusty winds and it's in the 40s.

I just walked over to the Beanery coffee shop in the plaza and two families are buying hot chocolates.  No one is outside.

1.jpg.fc7c52eaf471b02422bfac0d075d7cb9.jpg

Looks like the heavier rain will arrive from the north soon.  It's been pouring out of those weak returns banked up against the Spine.  Should get nicer when the deeper moisture arrives.

Classic winter pattern :lol:.

WUNIDS_map.gif.9e9b125b2c70c1d060507af2f0a9b005.gif

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Took drive over to Errol from Andover. 46F with shwrs

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Did you return thru Wilson's Mills and Oquossoc on Rt 16?  Beautiful drive and good for moose spotting.

Upper 50s here and breezy, though the daily max was set at 62 last evening.  Had some sun in the AM but socked in now, waiting for the showers to slide east into our area, probably just enough to keep everything wet.

Did you return thru Wilson's Mills and Oquossoc on Rt 16?  Beautiful drive and good for moose spotting.
Upper 50s here and breezy, though the daily max was set at 62 last evening.  Had some sun in the AM but socked in now, waiting for the showers to slide east into our area, probably just enough to keep everything wet.
Yes. Lunch in Oquossic. Not one animal siting

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah at least it’s partly sunny and in the 60s. Could be worse lol.

Just saw Tolland High STEM says 62F, "Cloudy and Windy" with NW gusts to 30mph.

Tanning, pools and beers.  Maybe the models can figure some things out from time to time?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Whopping 63 and breezy.  Ate grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch. Such an autumn feel.

It’s even colder at many sites than I thought it’d be down there.  Figured Kev at like mid-60s while valleys around 70F.

Instead it’s like the colder GFS runs of upper 50s hills to 60-65F at the ASOS spots like BDL/IJD.

• Like 1