Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

8 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Were'nt they the town that lost power in the ice storm and didn't get it back for two weeks?

They border Hubbardston. Most towns in this area lost power for a week or two in 2008. 
It is actually a bigger town with more “stuff” than my podunk village.  They even have a dunks!!!  

39 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Officially moving to Templeton MA a half mile north of route 2 elevation 1,030 ft.. should do a little better in the snow department.. 

You will be the only person I know of from Templeton.  
Quiet town between the metropolises of Gardner and Athol.  Good snow prospects though.  The N Orh Co. sweet spot. 

One of the many things I miss about New England. Variability of seasons, change of seasons, these are from my obsession with no fix in sight with the exceptions- the tropics and daily thunderstorms. I could write a forecast starting in May and continue through Oct., Daily Highs 90-95F, Nightly Lows 70-75F with a 40% of afternoon thunderstorms.
I check in every now and then living vicariously by means of the forum.             

• Like 2

One of the many things I miss about New England. Variability of seasons, change of seasons, these are from my obsession with no fix in sight with the exceptions- the tropics and daily thunderstorms. I could write a forecast starting in May and continue through Oct., Daily Highs 90-95F, Nightly Lows 70-75F with a 40% of afternoon thunderstorms.
I check in every now and then living vicariously by means of the forum.             

Haha for sure, I have fog season and sun season here, that’s about it.

36 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Haha for sure, I have fog season and sun season here, that’s about it.

"Foguast," not August, that is known as in the Bay Area.  Obviously you're south of that region, but it reminds of it and probably you share in the same climate.

"The coldest winter I ever experienced was a summer in San Francisco"  - Samuel Langhorne Clemens.

I feel it is a matter of time before a Pac NW event ( big heat June 2021 ) strikes California, mid coast down...  It's just a matter of tapping the right frequency of a +PNA to get an easterly flow that is strong enough to compensate for the local marine signal.   Santa Ana is more typical in southern California, but the climate change signal may bring that N, as the entire circulation manifold along with climate aspects are in fact moving N...   It's an interesting emerging threat idea associated with CC.