Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I consider that sort of a tease. It’s the type where under the plants it’s dry. Better for grass maybe. 

I am allergic to grass pollen and I'm miserable right now.  The tree pollen that was super bad the past 2 weeks is mostly gone and now it is grasses.  At least .14" is enough for a quick rinse.  I hope, perhaps a couple of the instablilty showers in the Whites can get down here tomorrow.  I'll take .10" or so

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

STEINVALLEY, Stein In Tolland, and Steinmouth. All together.

What sucked is I had to drive through torrential downpour’s coming through the Mansfield / Norton area and then nothing at home. 
We did see a car on the shoulder with flames shooting out of the wheel wells.  Without missing a beat, my 11 year old said “well at least it’s raining”.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I consider that sort of a tease. It’s the type where under the plants it’s dry. Better for grass maybe. 

Nah…we hold moisture here bigtime. I don’t think my ground has been dry all year…so all of that 0.14” soaked right in.

BROOKLINE — Members and employees of The Country Club have a saying they have used often this week: Francis is watching over us.

That would be Francis Ouimet, of course, the legendary Brookline amateur golfer who won the 1913 US Open at TCC. And the first two rounds of the US Open have been so perfect — really the first five days of the event, including practice rounds — that maybe it’s not so crazy to believe that Ouimet’s spirit is protecting this year’s championship.

The weather in Brookline has been stunning — blue skies and breezy temperatures. A nasty thunderstorm predicted for Friday afternoon did not materialize, and golfers were treated to pristine conditions.

“It was about as enjoyable as a US Open walk can be,” Jon Rahm said.

“Yeah, we got lucky,” playing partner Collin Morikawa added. “It was nice to see some decent weather kind of fall my way.”

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kdxken said:

BROOKLINE — Members and employees of The Country Club have a saying they have used often this week: Francis is watching over us.

That would be Francis Ouimet, of course, the legendary Brookline amateur golfer who won the 1913 US Open at TCC. And the first two rounds of the US Open have been so perfect — really the first five days of the event, including practice rounds — that maybe it’s not so crazy to believe that Ouimet’s spirit is protecting this year’s championship.

The weather in Brookline has been stunning — blue skies and breezy temperatures. A nasty thunderstorm predicted for Friday afternoon did not materialize, and golfers were treated to pristine conditions.

“Yeah, we got lucky,” playing partner Collin Morikawa added. “It was nice to see some decent weather kind of fall my way.”

“Yeah, we got lucky,” playing partner Collin Morikawa

Spain and Southern California weigh in.

4 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

What sucked is I had to drive through torrential downpour’s coming through the Mansfield / Norton area and then nothing at home. 
We did see a car on the shoulder with flames shooting out of the wheel wells.  Without missing a beat, my 11 year old said “well at least it’s raining”.  

Should have stopped in, I’m right off 495

• Like 1