Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

19 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

If you're in Bath that is probably the line that came through here in the IZG area a couple hours ago. I believe that is associated with the front itself since it felt like the dewpoints dropped once the sun came back out. It was just getting started when it came through here so nothing other than a few rumbles, some wind and brief bouts of heavy rain before it was done.

Yea I believe it came through here too around noon with some weak storms. Crashed temp from near 80 back to mid 60s. It's recovered to mid 70s.

Yes--in Bath.  We ended up having two late (well after the rain had stopped) lightning strikes really close by.    Glad I hadn't gone back outside. Looks safe now though.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Neighboring stations recorded .91" and 1.2"  Based on what I witnessed, I'm not surprised.

Looks like our Monday, as the 2nd TS of that afternoon dumped 0.91", about 0.85" in 10 minutes (the hourly rate is awesome) with gusts well into the 40s.  Several close strikes, one within 1/4 mile, coming a few minutes before any rain.  Had a smattering of chunks, too, up to 1/2" by 3/4".  Any ice in your cloudburst?

Only 0.04" from this line, with tall cauliflowers in sight both north and south.

• Like 2

No big heat that I can see, but quite likely our region transitions from this cool snap Sun/Mon/Tue ... through a transition window into an above normal temperature distribution in general by Wed onward.  Looks like the 87 to 90 type D6/7/8 ...Euro takes it thru 10, but the GFS and GGEM want to skip the -PNA forcing an entirely,  and just roll a new trough right back into SE Canada - we'll see.   

There is some tendency in the guidance to start pooling heat in the SW ... but way out there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Looks like our Monday, as the 2nd TS of that afternoon dumped 0.91", about 0.85" in 10 minutes (the hourly rate is awesome) with gusts well into the 40s.  Several close strikes, one within 1/4 mile, coming a few minutes before any rain.  Had a smattering of chunks, too, up to 1/2" by 3/4".  Any ice in your cloudburst?

Only 0.04" from this line, with tall cauliflowers in sight both north and south.

No hail that I could see.

On 6/13/2022 at 4:46 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

Well it’ll end up 75-80 for 2 days. But the gloom and doom talk of no summer and cold wet Fathers Day weekend was always silly . Models always back off cool and trend warmer .. any season 

On 6/13/2022 at 5:06 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m seeing mid 60s and very low dews for the weekend, which is just fine though.

On 6/13/2022 at 5:14 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

Mid 60’s? Maybe in VT . You’ll be at least low- mid 70’s . Maybe 76 Sat and 73-74 Sunday or something like that With dews in the 40’s

On 6/15/2022 at 1:16 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s the op GFS at day 4 lol. Tossed . People actually think that will verify ? WTF. The freaking out over nothing is crazy 

On 6/15/2022 at 1:24 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

It’ll be in the 70’s both days and dry 

On 6/15/2022 at 1:25 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

You guys are all completely flipping out over an op run on a shit model . Relax.. it won’t verify 

Congrats on another great forecast:

Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 63. Northwest wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. 
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. 
Juneteenth
Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 63. Northwest wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. 
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. 
Juneteenth
Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Gotta use the app that is custom tailored for his 995ft elevation.

image.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Saturday
Saturday Night
Juneteenth

Boy do you have a lot of time . Must be sitting around . Shorts tees weekend weather it’s 69 or 73. Since you’ve got all this free time sitting around.. post my high temps Sat and Sun and also sky conditions each hour . TIA

Hum,  this cold air means business in NNE.  I know the NAM is the NAM but it came in really cold for Sunday night.  If NNE could clear out in time and go calm the temperatures could really bottom out.

The GFS and Euro are in the upper 30's but take a look at the NAM temps.

Frost advisory for the north country?  Alex better cover up those tomatoes.

NAM.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Shower chances increase overnight Saturday into Sunday as well,
primarily across eastern MA. Areas to the west of Worcester
look to remain dry.

All Eastern Mass ATT.

Should be warning amounts back to the River, Advisory amounts back to NY State?

• Confused 1

The Mt Washington road race is tomorrow.  I just saw they have decided to shorten the distance to the 1/2 point.  That makes good sense to me.  I just watched WMUR weather for up here.  Other than to say that tomorrow will be much cooler than today there was no mention out of the ordinary.

Brian,  did you score any rain today with those showers?  Not a drop here.

41 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

The Mt Washington road race is tomorrow.  I just saw they have decided to shorten the distance to the 1/2 point.  That makes good sense to me.  I just watched WMUR weather for up here.  Other than to say that tomorrow will be much cooler than today there was no mention out of the ordinary.

Brian,  did you score any rain today with those showers?  Not a drop here.

0.14"

Just enough to make the plants happy.

• Like 2