Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

CON in 1967...I mean just blow my brains out. This is never happening again minus a nuclear winter.

conmay67.png

The chill of 1967 is mentioned several times in the book "Lost Summer" A book about the 67 Impossible Dream team.  Great book because the season is set against the backdrop of what was taking place in the country.

55 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yesterday ...about 7 pm, was like euphoric.  It was 83 still with a DP of 55, with zephyr breezes by and by.   It's difficult to imagine Earth could provide any setting more of nerve-settling splendor than that submersion in a nostrum bath, under a flawless evening sky. 

That’s about the time I set out for my daily long walk.  About 2 hours later the magnificent moonrise made me appreciate the here and now as a reminder that it’s good to be alive!  Comfortable but after hours of vigorous walking I still needed a shower before bed.  Alas, we’re in the 2 showers+ per day season.

4th of July last year was of that ilk in chill ( Sunday...)   ..heh, not having to go far back to see that it can happen.

I think of it as relativity scopes, though, and it may be part of CC ... who knows.  But I find it more apt to happen now, then 30 years ago, where we get these freak cold inserts with diametrical air masses west across the continent, while it is happening.   I have allll kinds of rhetoric that explores plausibility as to why but... in the interest of popsicle headache and empathy, just go with it...

Anyway, it would not shock me in the least if we get that Sunday Monday cool snap, then send the mercury into history the other direction a week later.  The dramatic yawing between ends of the spectrum is also consistent with this era, more so than 30 years ago.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I firmly believe that you are incapable, degree or not. I challenge you to try it this year. But then again, deflecting from that by trolling is easier, isn't it?

calm down dude. have a beer, go for a nice long ride <3 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1