Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

4 hours ago, kdxken said:

Serious question, not a troll , this has to be one of the nicest springs we've had in a long long time?

Yea, after the first week of May where I grilled for my bday party in 40s and drizzle…it’s been one of the nicest stretches in recent memory. You Really couldn’t draw it up much better for us inland folk, away from the southeast waters.

• Like 1

Today, the pine pollen probably reached it's peak up here in Central NH.  When those south winds started to crank mid to late morning the pollen past through in waves.

I made a 30 second time lapse from my weather cam.  Pretty neat to watch.  Glad we get a soak over the next few days to clean things out.

https://video.nest.com/clip/1b7dd1b198494caa95df188caab98ca2.mp4

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Today, the pine pollen probably reached it's peak up here in Central NH.  When those south winds started to crank mid to late morning the pollen past through in waves.

I made a 30 second time lapse from my weather cam.  Pretty neat to watch.  Glad we get a soak over the next few days to clean things out.

https://video.nest.com/clip/1b7dd1b198494caa95df188caab98ca2.mp4

My solar panels are down 6% from peak power and at times ASOS/AWOS are observing drops in visibility or a ceiling thanks to the pollen.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Time sensitive. What's up with the returns south of LI? https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/?parms=OKX-N0Q-1-24-100-usa-rad

Something aeronautic ...

The streamer shot out over eastern CT is a hint that some sort of propulsion was likely involved to have covered that distance so fast.  Seems to also be vectored back to those high intensity DBZ blips.  Who knows, maybe some experiment or illegal dump heh

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Something aeronautic ...

The streamer shot out over eastern CT is a hint that some sort of propulsion was likely involved to have covered that distance so fast.  Seems to also be vectored back to those high intensity DBZ blips.  Who knows, maybe some experiment or illegal dump heh

You almost wonder if the circular DBZ blips to the north of the initial spot is like a rocket booster jettison or something.

Has anyone been noticing dead birds in their yards recently? I know there was the issue last year with birds, but I just found another dead bird in my girlfriend's yard and this is the 6th or 7th dead bird over the past 6 weeks. They have been a mixture of babies and non-babies and some have even been missing heads. Not sure if some animal is getting them or not but it's a bit concerning. My girlfriend said she noticed 3 last year too. She does have a dog but we know it's not the dog b/c we watch him outside. I just called animal control and left a message. 

10 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

UFOs?.....Russia?

Maybe some sort of missile defense testing?

Yeah, I mean anything's possible. We do have a lot of submarines exiting via New London. Maybe a test of some sort. But you can very clearly see something tracking very quickly north before vanishing over CT. Sure seems like something exiting the atmosphere.

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Has anyone been noticing dead birds in their yards recently? I know there was the issue last year with birds, but I just found another dead bird in my girlfriend's yard and this is the 6th or 7th dead bird over the past 6 weeks. They have been a mixture of babies and non-babies and some have even been missing heads. Not sure if some animal is getting them or not but it's a bit concerning. My girlfriend said she noticed 3 last year too. She does have a dog but we know it's not the dog b/c we watch him outside. I just called animal control and left a message. 

There's a pretty nasty disease going through the population affecting vision, but missing heads sounds like another issue.

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Yeah, I mean anything's possible. We do have a lot of submarines exiting via New London. Maybe a test of some sort. But you can very clearly see something tracking very quickly north before vanishing over CT. Sure seems like something exiting the atmosphere.

The 96 frame loop on COD still shows it.

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/?parms=OKX-N0B-1-96-100-usa-rad

11 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

probably the anti-covid chemtrail stuff filtering down

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

yeah the missing head part is very puzzling. Wondering if some animal is getting them after they're dead? 

Could be. Question: does your gf have large windows at her house? I've known birds to kill themselves by running into the glass, and on one occasion even lost its head.

24 minutes ago, Hoth said:

That line that developed was moving about 350 mph if you track it. 

My guess is chaff, but it's the weirdest looking chaff I've seen (usually it strings out along the flow). And I can't ever recall seeing a track of the aircraft that dropped it either.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

That line that developed was moving about 350 mph if you track it. 

My guess is chaff, but it's the weirdest looking chaff I've seen (usually it strings out along the flow). And I can't ever recall seeing a track of the aircraft that dropped it either.

Very strange. Well, we'll probably never know what it is, but it's more interesting than Stein.

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Could be. Question: does your gf have large windows at her house? I've known birds to kill themselves by running into the glass, and on one occasion even lost its head.

We've been finding them not close to any windows. 

Animal Control mentioned the Avian flu...they also mentioned it's possible someone could be poisoning them. They directed me to Department of Agriculture so I left a message to call back. I guess depending on what we explain to them they may decide to send someone out and test the bird.