Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

A year later they sent me to this day camp-circa summer of 1953.   A torrential rainstorm for 3 days ended up with mud turning the lake brown.  Cool wet summer.  No thank you.   

Sounds terrible.  It seems almost physically impossible at this point to get a cool wet summer relative to normal.  So we’ve got that going for us.

Even June is already above normal.  Been very comfortable and nice weather… but yet +1 to +3 the last few days.

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sounds terrible.  It seems almost physically impossible at this point to get a cool wet summer relative to normal.  So we’ve got that going for us.

Even June is already above normal.  Been very comfortable and nice weather… but yet +1 to +3 the last few days.

2009 was pretty awful.  Multiple work crises and very little warmth until later in August.  I was coming home from work in the dark in late June.  Not fun!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Top ten days like today are what June is known for. Just perfect. Grandkids rocking the pool today. While I work...well sort of..Have my client shooting hoops and putting in the back yard of the facility. We made 5 holes 50 yds 100 yds 150 yds 75 yds 35 yds . He is rocking it.

20220605_103115.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Top ten days like today are what June is known for. Just perfect. Grandkids rocking the pool today. While I work...well sort of..Have my client shooting hoops and putting in the back yard of the facility. We made 5 holes 50 yds 100 yds 150 yds 75 yds 35 yds . He is rocking it.

20220605_103115.jpg

June is an underrated month.

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

It’s a beautiful day.  But I do have a memory of being 5 years old and my parents took me on a cape vacation in early June.  My brother was too young so he and my grandmother stayed home in NNJ.  

All I wanted to do was swim but it was too cold and dank.  

Our family visited Maine when I was 6, Spruce Head (part of Boothbay Harbor), and my dad took 8 mm movies of my older brother and me swimming in the ocean there - had to be cold but many years have dulled that memory, especially because all my other memories from that trip were great.  I'd go down to the shore before others were up and find sand dollars, old crab shells (that stunk but so what) and other treasures.  Even was given a fresh "bug" by a local lobsterman, who was surprised when I just reached in and grabbed it.  (I'm sure the critter's claws had been pegged.)

Typical late spring post-frontal wx, lots of cu passing by and a brief shower about an hour ago.  Visibility nearly endless, we take.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kdxken said:

June is an underrated month.

I was thinking about that today... most certainly an underrated month.  Sneakily becoming one of my favorites over the last several years.

The long daylight, mix of air masses, mostly the long daylight, ha.  Hanging out at the picnic tables on the Octagon Deck at 5-6pm today and it felt like the middle of the afternoon because the sun doesn't set for 3 hours.

Average valley temps this time of year are 72/47, seasons in seasons for the win.

283667378_10104805612475940_251993256714

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s a fair chance that whole deal is east . There’s a solid group of ens members which shifts front far enough east so it’s either an ENE special or it’s just a general .10-.25

Glad we don’t live there. Tolland STEM needs to get their garden soil moisture sensor replaced. It’s been flatlined 200cb since winter. It’s a perfectly moist 23cb here. 

7 hours ago, dendrite said:

Glad we don’t live there. Tolland STEM needs to get their garden soil moisture sensor replaced. It’s been flatlined 200cb since winter. It’s a perfectly moist 23cb here. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maybe you can find and post the soil moisture index charts this morning ?

hdvDeuk.png

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maybe you can find and post the soil moisture index charts this morning ?

Not saying it isn't dry...quite the contrary. Just stating I'd like to see what the actual soil moisture is there and not view data from a broken sensor.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Lots of people with confused emojis. Back to back nor’easters. I guess that’s COC.

Wouldn’t the rain be beneficial?

Its like on one hand everyone wants to complain about it being dry but also doesn’t want any rain from May to October lol.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wouldn’t the rain be beneficial?

Its like on one hand everyone wants to complain about it being dry but also doesn’t want any rain from May to October lol.

It's called let it be summer and get some thunder booms for our rain, not Newfoundland's rain

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

It's called let it be summer and get some thunder booms for our rain, not Newfoundland's rain

It’s early June… take the water?  Wait for the hit/miss season in July/August.  See what Stein has to say, ha.

The 2-m rolling temp anomalies stayed above normal in the means too on the GEFS, so probably some dews and elevated mins.  Likely the period averages out above normal as it always does.

Anyway, another beautiful sunny June day in the 70s and low 80s this afternoon (above normal).