Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

10 hours ago, kdxken said:

Brutal summer heat lolz..

Almost straight 70s for the next 7 days (areas west of the coast may break 70F tomorrow). The goldilocks zone. #wbz

https://mobile.twitter.com/ericfisher/status/1532505375978700800

Summeh is nowhere to be found. Low dews has been and will continue to dominate the days. 

• Like 1

Thankfully ...there's a definitive clearing entering western MA/CT, inching east at the speed of 15 mph plus erosion rates.  WPC stopped analyzing a front extending N from NE PA into NNE but the look on sat loops seems there's still a vestigial echo of that physical exertion helping to delineate why SNE is an anal hole climate compared to the everywhere else in the U.S.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Let them go in their delusion. It’ll make it even more fun when the heat and dews hit mid month on as modeled 

Yea, heat and dews in late June? What a bold call. Summeh was supposed to set in early though…first in March 2012 redux, then April, then May…the goalposts have moved so often you’re running out of real estate to plant them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

^ I’m sure the clearing will get to about ORH in an hr and then we see the low lvl junk wedged against the terrain. Takes the rest of the afternoon to get breaks in the overcast and then nighttime. At least we got the weekend? 

Heh ...snark aside, this is actually an outstanding insight.   That's not atypically how these things go.  But, the difference here is that there is really nothing above ~ 900 mb after this lid pulls off, and it will expose that gossamer lower veil of strata to the intensity of the June sun.

So if there's an exposing 'undercast' it's likely going to offer about the same resistance as Golden State did in that 4th Quarter annihilation last night.

Also, as I intimated earlier... even though WPC doesn't analyze a frontal extension along the back edge, my personal hunch is that one is vestigial and by decimals of advection is enough to assist clearing.

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Already seeing the low level deck firmly entrenched on vis as the mid level clouds easily scoot eastward. Shat begets shat.

as for SNE proper, I can see plenty of Earth through that. It's not that pervasive and dense.

I'm thinking more like it it gets better for an hour, then pancake maybe ?  But that would be after the fact.   Clearing's about 15 mi W of me ...I guess I'll see soon enough.

9 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Really getting tired of waking up in Newfoundland every morning 

I knew last Sunday and Monday ...during that rare utopia weather landing cookie-cutter perfect on the Holiday necessity and mirth, we were going to pay a persecution tax for it by spending at least as much time the other way, and then some. 

However, there's a hidden incentive in the notion that it landed Tue-Thur morning ( so far on the latter), because unless one's retired or working from home, or just has the luxury of every day being "Sunday" - it's more important that relay into crudsville happened in this order.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Why not?

it'd fit the notion of receding frost lines do to CC -

...we're not going the other way.   Dearth years should become more common.  

I suppose a couple a of good winter are easily still within reach ... I mean it's all "supposed" to take 50 years to get DCA's climate to PWM or whatever. 

At some point, we'll get around to a MR Blutarsky winter out at Logan. 

I figured you would chime in with some rhetoric about cannibalistic Hadley Cells ruling the world, but like I said, I'll bet against 6 consecutive well below normal snowfall seasons IMBY and very likely win that bet.

Its not entirely regional, either, which makes the global warming attribution perilous at best....the region as a whole has done better than my area.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I figured you would chime in with some rhetoric about cannibalistic Hadley Cells ruling the world, but like I said, I'll bet against 6 consecutive well below normal snowfall seasons IMBY and very likely win that bet.

I didn't do that...

The receding frost line is about as harmlessly generic, and in fact, not exposing to any agenda, as one can be considering the subject matter of CC is real ...

...whether we want to believe it or not.    To wit, that means seasonal frost line recedes.

The HC stuff is one component in the total CC manifold.  

As far as your 6th winter?   you didn't ask me but I put that at 50/50. 

• Like 1