• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

It's funny ...between Ray's 55 and Brian's 51 and my 54 ...

We still are not "sustaining" warmth -

Recall the other end of May ..end April time span. The postal tenor ( as in nearly ready to "go postal" lol - ) was angsy around the notion that we couldn't put back to back to back warm, much less milder days together, before getting the rug pulled out and slipping back into a pattern that uncannily felt like cold shit while still managing to be +.5 above normal...

That's still happening. We've seen two failed heat waves at least put one 90 in away, but otherwise, 80 ...but we were never far from this kind of "putrocity" we see out there right now. 

It's more of a personal druthers or subjective take, granted - but I'd like a 7 days of above 76 F, with maintenance convection to keep the Stein nimrodery down to a dull roar. 

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Recall the other end of May ..end April time span. The postal tenor ( as in nearly ready to "go postal" lol - ) was angsy around the notion that we couldn't put back to back to back warm, much less milder days together, before getting the rug pulled out and slipping back into a pattern that uncannily felt like cold shit while still managing to be +.5 above normal...

That's still happening. We've seen two failed heat waves at least put one 90 in away, but otherwise, 80 ...but we were never far from this kind of "putrocity" we see out there right now. 

It's more of a personal druthers or subjective take, granted - but I'd like a 7 days of above 76 F, with maintenance convection to keep the Stein nimrodery down to a dull roar. 

The bolded alone earns you an  instant nomination for post of the year!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Same deal as winter....most of the positive anomalies are at night.

You should use your power for good instead of evil, and begin obsessing about how we're only about 8 weeks our from bum bums becoming a bit less toast when we get into the car.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Same deal as winter....most of the positive anomalies are at night.

You should use your power for good instead of evil, and begin obsessing about how we're only about 8 weeks our from bum bums becoming a bit less toast when we get into the car.

Lol ... actually it's toward the end of October but point taken -

The only problem is, I could not be more check out on winter.  I suppose if I was locked away in an insular work effort pouring over climate regressions for seasonal forecasting in some back office trying to meet a deadline, I wouldn't be very much in a summer mode or even interested in that setting.

Barring that kind of job opportunity ever landing in my lap, I'm gonna go ahead and not give a ratz azz about anything resemble blue on a weather chart until mid November.. And it's not even a conscious choice - it seems to be connected to celestial mechanics ( i.e., the actual orbit of the Earth around the sun) for me

• Like 1