• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season Tracking Thread

WxWatcher007

So, an offhand ranking of the severity of impacts of "I" named tropical systems in our area:

1. Isabel -- I think that gets the first ranking pretty much hands down. Then it gets harder.

2. Irene?

3. Ida (2021 version)?

4. Ivan?

5. Isaias? Could easily be ranked above Ivan but 40 tornadoes from the latter in Virginia is pretty impressive. 

Sure there are ones I'm missing/forgotten. 

Isaias will only be a memory for us because a power fault set the asphalt on fire a mere few feet from my work truck and I had to break out the CO2 extinguisher after the power was cut even in the rain!

Oh and a junk tree into a 13kV overhead dumping a phase down the road.  Breezy rain.  Nothing compared to Isabel or Irene.  Isabel had some serious sustained winds, front door weatherstripping playing the kazoo all night long!

6 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

IIRC, Ivan in 2004 has more tornadoes in this area than Isaias did.

Yeah I worded that poorly; Ivan spawned 40 tornadoes in VA. At least according to St. Wiki. 

Irene was every bit the storm Isabel was in my neck of the woods, as I recall. But I don't think its effects along the Bay, for instance, were like Isabel's. 

1 hour ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Yeah I worded that poorly; Ivan spawned 40 tornadoes in VA. At least according to St. Wiki. 

Irene was every bit the storm Isabel was in my neck of the woods, as I recall. But I don't think its effects along the Bay, for instance, were like Isabel's. 

Same here.  Not a fan of night time tropical.  At least Sandy, well most of it, was during daylight hours.

4 hours ago, 09-10 analogy said:

So, an offhand ranking of the severity of impacts of "I" named tropical systems in our area:

1. Isabel -- I think that gets the first ranking pretty much hands down. Then it gets harder.

2. Irene?

3. Ida (2021 version)?

4. Ivan?

5. Isaias? Could easily be ranked above Ivan but 40 tornadoes from the latter in Virginia is pretty impressive. 

Sure there are ones I'm missing/forgotten. 

Isaias for Southern Maryland wavs very impactful from a rain standpoint. Also having center of a tropical storm ride route 4 from Leonardtown to Lusby was something we don't see that often

• Like 1