SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 26-27 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that's why I brought up '78...it actualy had BOS get near freezing or even to 33F IIRC on the archived metars. But ti would crash back SE very fast. That's a classic look for E MA to jackpot with blizzard conditions.

I love where I am right now, but I don't expect a jackpot yet, I think E MA is primed for it because they will flirt with the CF and the best forcing...which models often try to penetrate too far W in these setups where the sfc wind might be 040 but the ageostrophic flow is way opposite of that, and then as you close to within 12-24h of the event, they are ground zero and the models stop getting the 32F isotherm at the sfc as far inland as it does now.

Attlehole to Ray looks pretty good in this setup. BOS might be terrific too if they can get a slight bit of ocean enhancement having it early enough int he season for delta-Ts to be good over the water.

Too good to be true.

I know it's early about details, but if I can keep a steady snow..I'll be fine. I wonder if the dryslot gets close to se mass in this setup..you can see it in the qpf fields. Luckily, the mid level low develops south and seems to put a quick end to any nw movement of the dryslot.

040 wind is great for me. My only issue is if I go to 34 with a large isothermal layer a couple of thousand feet up and precip rate lightens up. Yeah it's early, but this is just the usual stuff I think about living near the water. If I had a glock to my head...I'd probably feel fine with all frozen.

I live about 9 miles west of the canal. I think we are going to be getting our fair share of snow even if a mix is in the cards for a period of time..

Oh, I see what you're sayin' now. I worry more about short and near term busts, but it's something to consider.

--Turtle ;)

As do I. In terms of public impact this bust is relatively low. In terms of weenie impact it's probably one of the most "positive" busts I can think of in almost a decade.

Archived