Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Monday, May 16, 2022 Convective Potential

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Head of a little MCV

Wasn't as much rain as it felt like, but it was quick moving.  Only a few minutes of the truly 1/8sm style rainfall.  Just took the dog out to the garden and the Stratus has 0.70" on the dot.  Probably a half inch in like 5-8 minutes and then just meh rain for a while after that.

Over 2" in the past 3 days though, Stein would be pleased by the puddles in the garden pathways, ha.

Friend's station down near Killington at 2,200ft has had 4.6" in the past 3 days... those flash flood warnings down in Rutland County are real, the mountains around there have gotten some serious water.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wasn't as much rain as it felt like, but it was quick moving.  Only a few minutes of the truly 1/8sm style rainfall.  Just took the dog out to the garden and the Stratus has 0.70" on the dot.  Probably a half inch in like 5-8 minutes and then just meh rain for a while after that.

Over 2" in the past 3 days though, Stein would be pleased by the puddles in the garden pathways, ha.

Friend's station down near Killington at 2,200ft has had 4.6" in the past 3 days... those flash flood warnings down in Rutland County are real, the mountains around there have gotten some serious water.

He’s smiling and sitting right next to me.  :stein:

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

South of you getting smoked 

Yup. I would say that about 75% of the time the heavy cells jump either north or south of me. RadarScope often has a line going right over me then they change direction slightly.  Must be some sort of interaction with the bay or something. Sometimes we get a direct hit, especially if the storms are moving N or NNE direction. The more east they move the more they jump lol…

7 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

Yup. I would say that about 75% of the time the heavy cells jump either north or south of me. RadarScope often has a line going right over me then they change direction slightly.  Must be some sort of interaction with the bay or something. Sometimes we get a direct hit, especially if the storms are moving N or NNE direction. The more east they move the more they jump lol…

“Just a bit outside…”

C98189EF-B5AC-4A24-9BC5-26F68DF97855.jpeg

Wow that guy was incredibly lucky the tornado was relatively weak, it basically went right over him! If you see a tornado that is obviously coming right for you when you're in your car, probably a good idea to try to get out of the way. That could have gone so much worse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Meh, 0.14" overnight

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

0.10" more than here - our 0.04" ranks 90th of 92 cocorahs reports, above only the 0.02" obs from Kennebunk and my crosstown neighbor.  The month is now up to 0.73".  No lightning close enough to brighten the west horizon.  Not surprised.

• Like 1