Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2022

George BM

51 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Anyone going to the pool on Saturday? At this points its a tradition to go whatever the weather. Can't wait for my first day of coaching Tuesday. 

Absolutely! I have to man the swim team table (bake sale and just general info for new families), but I'd have gone to hang out anyway.

Who are you coaching? Aren't you still part of a summer team?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

Absolutely! I have to man the swim team table (bake sale and just general info for new families), but I'd have gone to hang out anyway.

Who are you coaching? Aren't you still part of a summer team?

I'm technically a CIT or coach in training, so I still am swimming on the team but I also get to coach an age group (9-10s) along with helping the coaches at meets.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I'm technically a CIT or coach in training, so I still am swimming on the team but I also get to coach an age group (9-10s) along with helping the coaches at meets.

That's awesome! It's great that you're getting involved and (I assume) passing on your love of swimming to the younger kids!

We have our interested teenage swimmers coach the Juniors (mostly 3-5 year-olds) with an adult overseeing the Juniors program as a whole. Some kids just jump in and help the 8&Unders, but in general our three coaches will handle everything.

Despite having an even smaller team than normal (:(), I'm really excited for this season because we have a returning coach (swimmer at ODU who's planning to coach as a career) and a parent of 8&Us who was a 4-year D1 swimmer and who coached for years until taking a break. I have a feeling our young team will improve a LOT over the season!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Look at who is getting sucked into summer swim team life

Big time. Like...way big time.

It's scratching that major competitive itch that's been bothering me since I last played soccer about eight years ago. As an athlete through college it's been tough to give up playing anything remotely competitively (due to an ankle injury), so getting involved in summer swim is a really good outlet for me. And I guess it's good to help the kids, too. :lol:

16 hours ago, Herb@MAWS said:

Must remember faxes and boosters were developed from earlier strains, not the current strain which seems to be easier to catch but *generally* has less severe effects. No one should be sorry about getting vaxxed even if u get the newer strain.

Tested positive 8 days after second booster. Minimal impacts personally, almost  nothing symptoms-wise other than a brief headache and slight cough. 

Exactly. My guess is that by this fall we could well see a more Omicron-focused shot, which would be helpful, though I agree about how it appears that the effects of these subvariants are much less harmful (but unfortunately still harmful enough for many). Follows the general trend of how novel viruses work though - incredibly potent, then new variants pop up, and eventually you get more variants that "like to" infect but not kill their hosts.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Big time. Like...way big time.

It's scratching that major competitive itch that's been bothering me since I last played soccer about eight years ago. As an athlete through college it's been tough to give up playing anything remotely competitively (due to an ankle injury), so getting involved in summer swim is a really good outlet for me. And I guess it's good to help the kids, too. :lol:

Get ready to deal with parents that can be douchey at times tho.  I've heard horror stories.

8 minutes ago, H2O said:

Get ready to deal with parents that can be douchey at times tho.  I've heard horror stories.

You've only heard? :lol:

Oh...we know who those parents are already. I've already been called unprofessional by one. :clown:With a small team that pulls almost fully from our 500-home (townhomes and single-family homes) HOA, we mostly know each other really well, so most douchiness is held in check because they don't want to be dicks to their friends and neighbors. Sometimes people just cant help it though. We just roll with the punches when it does happen...

• mappy unpinned this topic