Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2022

George BM

6 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

HELLO AND GOOD MORNING TO EVERYONE BUT ALSO APPARENTLY TO THIS RAT SNAKE IN MY BONUS BUILDING

We get those all the time.  The nicer ones that don't nip or musk us when handling we sometimes hold on to and feed the rodents we catch in the non lethal traps.  We have two indoor and countless outdoor cats we take care of and damn if we still don't get field mice in the buildings.  My wife and I are experienced snake/rep handlers so not scared of them and no one should be IMHO.

Last night's weather up here cancelled my Southwest flight from Ft. Myers.  Nothing to any of the surrounding airports (DCA, Dulles and even Philly). Evidently ALL southwest flights after 5:00 pm were cancelled as a precaution because of the impending inclement weather.  So...I went back 20 years and the four of us took turns as we spent the overnight hours driving home. IFun night, but a little tired today. :-)

18 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Hope you had a great day!!

5 hours ago, RickinBaltimore said:

And a very happy birthday to you!

6 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Happy Belated!

Wasn't my birthday hahahahaha

Deck advice - our deck on new house probably hasn't been touched in over 10 years.  It was a mess.  This weekend we power washed it and took out most of the grunge, dirt and old stain remnants but now wondering if we should also wash and brighten or if that is a waste of time.  There was definitely still some mildew evident when wet but looked ok once dry.  I am thinking if we are going through this effort to strip it all down we should do it right but it's about 1,000 SF so no small undertaking to take on extra steps.  We were thinking just sanding might be enough to remove the last bit of dirt.    Also would you sand before/after the cleaning/brightening?   Will it be ok if we clean/sand etc but don't get to staining for a few more weeks?  Since we only have weekends trying to find a dry one has been challenging.

Any stain preferences?  Thinking about Defy.

Thanks

After the first warm May evening here, sometimes as early as the first week we've seen them albeit smaller numbers.  Peak usually occurs mid to late June but in 2019 we had an abnormally early peak that occurred in mid June.

Some summers we experience a "double season" where they show up again in mid to late September but these tend to be rare.  2009 and 2017 were recent years.

• mappy unpinned this topic