Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2022

George BM

On 5/17/2022 at 3:32 PM, Kay said:

So this happened...

IMG_3906.thumb.JPG.ca3572d9c3bd43b684b825a4535db51f.JPG

We have a Mourning Dove nest on our covered propane heater that’s stored outside against our back wall. No pro allem for us because we won’t be using it for another five months, at least, but I love how these birds make the best of what we give them!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Has anyone seen any fireflies yet?  This is probably the latest in the year where we have none.  I'm sure after this weekend's torcher they will be out!

I don't usually see any in my neighborhood until late May or early June.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them by the end of this warm weekend though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Folks - would some of you, if you have the time, be able to come to my Ted talk? I've been doing some research and my topic is going to involve a discussion regarding how July will likely be hotter than June.

Sure thing, friend! When it is? Where is it? Or are you holding it on Zoom?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

A buddy just texted me from outside the Boulder area. He said it’s 85 degrees there now and they’ve got a winter storm warning for 4-12” tomorrow night.

I'm SE of Denver and NWS has me painted in the 12-18" swath. Not sure how that much could possibly accumulate after being in the 80s today, but stranger things have happened.

4 hours ago, Kay said:

See my two posts on pg 1 of this thread. I couldn't believe it either at first.

Did not see that, wow May 3rd.  Going to check tonight.  Definitely expect them tomorrow.  I'd love to see a repeat of 2019 and spent two weeks in FL so I missed the peak in June.  Even so, before I left it was quite spectacular.  We have unmowed meadows here that are a haven for them and it gets almost Milky Way over the cover.  Absolutely stunning show by nature.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kay said:

I am plagued with error messages, NWS forecast not loading after location search or P&C or refresh or anything, then magically starts working again with no moves on my part. For many weeks and multiple browsers :mellow:

They’ve had some technical issues. Saw a tweet from one of the WFOs today. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I would love to do that..but I have no self control with beer sitting around lol. Plus at this point, I’m drinking stouts all year round 

This is me as well. Only way I can enjoy an aged one is to buy one that is aged lol.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It's good. Defo can taste the sherry notes. I still like the original WWS the best, followed by the BBA one.

I hear ya. Just figured I needed to buy it since it was the last one lol. Otherwise I would have probably passed and got something else 

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

I hear ya. Just figured I needed to buy it since it was the last one lol. Otherwise I would have probably passed and got something else 

Oh I would never pass it up other than the price lol. It is complex and damn good. Just wish I could find an original but I guess they haven't brewed it lately. Can buy an aged one which costs 16 bucks. Worth it though.

• mappy unpinned this topic