Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2022

George BM

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am a big surprised how bad Carlson was this series.  But yea.  Did you see that stat about the Caps playing 17 first round OT games since 2017.  Next closest was 8 games.  Crazy.

To me though the biggest issue for the series and season was the goal tending.  They wanted to trade for a veteran at the deadline but was not able to pull it off. Apparently Flurry would of been unwilling to play for the caps.

Sometimes your defense is going to get beat and your Goalie has to come up big.

Both our goalies let in way too many soft ones through out the season.

Not sure who is out there but they definitely need to adress it in the off season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am a bit surprised how bad Carlson was this series.  But yea.  Did you see that stat about the Caps playing 17 first round OT games since 2017.  Next closest was 8 games.  Crazy.

He had some really big miscues in the series, several of which directly led to goals by the Panthers.  With a team as fast / strong on offense as FL, you can’t give up the puck on turnovers like we did.

The Caps at least put up a good fight - Game 4 was basically a coin flip with that ENG that just missed.  It would have been a completely different series had that gone in.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, nj2va said:

He had some really big miscues in the series, several of which directly led to goals by the Panthers.  With a team as fast / strong on offense as FL, you can’t give up the puck on turnovers like we did.

The Caps at least put up a good fight - Game 4 was basically a coin flip with that ENG that just missed.  It would have been a completely different series had that gone in.

I am fairly proud of them.      Coming in to it, a Panthers in 4 or 5 games result seemed likely....instead they left us knowing they could (should?) have won the series.   The Panthers really did not impress and if they had gone down 3-1 (agree with your thought)  I think the Caps win in 5.   Lot's of posts hit behind both goalies as well.   This year was a lot better than their usual losing to a team well below them in the seedings. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nj2va said:

My takeaway was how hard it seemed to keep a puck on a stick for the Caps but not at all for the Panthers. But, and I could be off, the most glaring difference I saw was how tired the Caps looked late in games. In the early parts of the game the Caps were quick and viscous hitters. Not late in games.

16 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

My takeaway was how hard it seemed to keep a puck on a stick for the Caps but not at all for the Panthers. But, and I could be off, the most glaring difference I saw was how tired the Caps looked late in games. In the early parts of the game the Caps were quick and viscous hitters. Not late in games.

Such a big difference watching the Bruins try to come back, last night, vs the Caps.   Much better puck control in their own zone. 

2 hours ago, StormchaserChuck! said:

35 beams of heavy weight, responses to 2-posts here, worth like 5 words an hour ago. These are military responses, 42 beams around my computer screen, what isn't responding here or something.. psycho

We are at like 54 beams of response, military, by this same man. These can also melt the body. sorry for those with kids, but it's too stupid. 

62 beams. 

Could someone translate or this in the same vain as negative PNA?

• Thanks 1

• mappy unpinned this topic