Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2022

George BM

10 hours ago, nj2va said:

I was hoping the team would personally thank me for all my hard work :lol:

what a freaking game! 

That was by far the best caps game I've ever attended! 

I went to Game 5 of Pens series the year they won the cup. They scored 2 goals in the 3rd period to come back and win that game.

It was louder yesterday.

My wife had beer spilled down her back from the row behind us after a Caps goal.

I told her that was the sacrifice she needed to make for the Caps scoring goals. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Chris78 said:

I went to Game 5 of Pens series the year they won the cup. They scored 2 goals in the 3rd period to come back and win that game.

It was louder yesterday.

My wife had beer spilled down her back from the row behind us after a Caps goal.

I told her that was the sacrifice she needed to make for the Caps scoring goals. :lol:

It was so loud!  I hope your kids had a great time too.  And yes, its a small price to pay for a huge Caps win :lol: At least it didn’t happen on Mother’s Day!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chris78 said:

It was louder yesterday.

I hope the divorce lawyer is a good one :lol: 

• Haha 5

On 5/8/2022 at 7:16 AM, H2O said:

Happy Mother’s Day to the few moms that post here!

Yall are awesome. Sorry about the weather 

On 5/8/2022 at 7:51 AM, WxUSAF said:

Happy Mother's Day to AmWx mom's everywhere!  @mappy @Mrs.J

On 5/8/2022 at 8:32 AM, nj2va said:

Happy Mother’s Day!

On 5/8/2022 at 8:47 AM, Chris78 said:

Happy Mother's day to all the Moms.

Thanks all! 

Actually it was not too bad. Got my annual no spending limit trunk full of plants for my beds from my favorite local garden center. Used the weather to start planting. Soil was easy to work in and the cloud cover made it nice to not bake while planting. And I got Taco Bar brought in for dinner. With the Miss J’s getting all the laundry done. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Thanks all! 

Actually it was not too bad. Got my annual no spending limit trunk full of plants for my beds from my favorite local garden center. Used the weather to start planting. Soil was easy to work in and the cloud cover made it nice to not bake while planting. And I got Taco Bar brought in for dinner. With the Miss J’s getting all the laundry done. 

I went Saturday to get all my flowers. I love that its an annual tradition for you as well! Hope it was a fabulous day :wub: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am surprised that icing was not waved off since it hit the post.  Probably should be a rule.  If it had hit the post and bounced straight back, is it icing?   

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am surprised that icing was not waved off since it hit the post.  Probably should be a rule.  If it had hit the post and bounced straight back, is it icing?   

I don't think so since it never crosses the Goal Line.  I also think that at one point in time, Icing wasn't called if the puck went through the crease.

1 hour ago, toolsheds said:

I don't think so since it never crosses the Goal Line.  I also think that at one point in time, Icing wasn't called if the puck went through the crease.

I think you are correct on the crease rule.  Whether it is applicable now or not, I think a shot hitting the post should not be deemed icing.   The whole premising of icing was to stop a delaying tactic but when the goal is empty, it is not a delay tactic, it is an attempt to score.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nj2va said:

The place was rocking, really tough loss.  I hope I’m wrong, but last night had the feeling of the series decider.  

I hope your wrong but I agree.  Florida tightened things up defensely Seemed to fiquire that out. 

Definitely a game of adjustments in a 7 game series.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nj2va said:

The place was rocking, really tough loss.  I hope I’m wrong, but last night had the feeling of the series decider.  

4 hours ago, Chris78 said:

I hope your wrong but I agree.  Florida tightened things up defensely Seemed to fiquire that out. 

Definitely a game of adjustments in a 7 game series.

When the Caps made their run to the Stanley Cup, there was a point in every series where I thought, “Welp, that was the game that will kill this series,” and yet every time, the next game the Caps responded. Hoping we see the same tomorrow night.

• Like 4

• mappy unpinned this topic