Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2022

George BM

5 minutes ago, kgottwald said:

I wonder what's the record for a cutoff low remaining in one place. If it's possible for one to park itself over the Mid-Atlantic for a solid month I bet it's going to happen one of these springs.

I swear it happened once when I was younger still living in Michigan.  It was there til like July.  When I moved to the MA I was excited because we seemed to never have that problem, then came the recent times....

45 minutes ago, snowfan said:

GFS is a step in the right direction for the weekend. Front clears overnight Friday. 

Massive improvement.  But GFS has wavered on this period for days, most of the guidance has not been nearly this progressive so will need at least 24 hours of consistency here before I am sold.

38 minutes ago, IronTy said:

This weather is so depressing.  I'm on my second week of COVID and am stuck in the brain fog phase and this weather is not helping at all.  Clouds are stupid.  

That was me earlier this month. So much for 'mild symptoms' eh? But agreed, would like to see the sun here...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paleocene said:

That was me earlier this month. So much for 'mild symptoms' eh? But agreed, would like to see the sun here...

Yeah, triple-vaxxed my ass.  A lot of good that shit did.  But if you survived the fog ok then that give me hope it'll eventually end.  My wife is also stuck with it too, she's about 3 days behind me.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Yeah, triple-vaxxed my ass.  A lot of good that shit did.  But if you survived the fog ok then that give me hope it'll eventually end.  My wife is also stuck with it too, she's about 3 days behind me.  

You never know...it may have helped. Most everyone I know who have been vaccinated (and most boosted) had few, if any, problems when they caught COVID recently. I also know one or two who weren't vaccinated and only got slightly sick, as well.

Sorry to hear that though. Hope you fell better soon!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

You never know...it may have helped. Most everyone I know who have been vaccinated (and most boosted) had few, if any, problems when they caught COVID recently. I also know one or two who weren't vaccinated and only got slightly sick, as well.

Sorry to hear that though. Hope you fell better soon!

Yeah my 72yo inactive overweight parents both refused the vax and just use ivermectin monthly and have somehow avoided any COVID at all despite refusing to mask most of the time as well.  Who knows, they're all pompous about it though.  Or just whistling past the graveyard...

Must remember faxes and boosters were developed from earlier strains, not the current strain which seems to be easier to catch but *generally* has less severe effects. No one should be sorry about getting vaxxed even if u get the newer strain.

Tested positive 8 days after second booster. Minimal impacts personally, almost  nothing symptoms-wise other than a brief headache and slight cough. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Sunday looks spectacular. And tomorrow won’t be a washout. 

Awesome, I'm so pumped.  I've loaded the firewood and camp supplies into the back of the truck and am gonna grab a few steaks and chicken breasts shortly so we can do a bbq this weekend.  I'm hoping the beltway traffic isn't too terrible, I see we are under a tornado watch here.  

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic