Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2022

George BM

On 5/14/2022 at 2:36 PM, IronTy said:

How does it rain so much here in every season but winter?  Since 2018 it's been so wet every warm season.  If we could translate it to some snow that would be cool but no, it's just rainy every spring/summer.  Really sick of it.  Makes years like 2012 seem like some sort of mythical unicorn.  

I remember fondly the dry spell of late summer 1995 (zero rain from August 7 through September 8).  The lack of soil moisture cut the humidity to a considerable degree, and decimated the mosquito population.

13 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I’m convinced that, beginning around 2018, the entire volume of precipitation meant for the western half of the US is now permanently redirected to southern Maryland. :lol:

It's almost true!  But I'll be the first one back here bellyaching about my plants once we have a other drought year.  

3 hours ago, kgottwald said:

I remember fondly the dry spell of late summer 1995 (zero rain from August 7 through September 8).  The lack of soil moisture cut the humidity to a considerable degree, and decimated the mosquito population.

We had a run of years in the mid 2010s which really hot and drought summers.  In fact it caused me to tear out most of my lawn and reforest.  Now the biggest threat is snapping branches due to heavy rain, not drought.  That and 15" paste bombs in January.  But if the drought years ever come back I'll be ready with my native plantings.  

Glorious morning had the windows open last night and woke up to a chilly house....haven't turned the air on yet this season and i'm starting today out in a deep deep hole as it warms up....might get another few days of no air plus not using any gas to heat the house....my bank account is loving it so far :)

• Like 4

Beautiful morning here in Silver Spring. This weather makes me miss the cicadas :-(

Good news for fellow long-range weenies :weenie:, the EPS (euro ensemble) plots on tropical tidbits have been significantly expanded.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=eps&region=us&pkg=apcpn&runtime=2022051700&fh=276

Wayyy more options and temporal resolution now. Can't wait to hallucinate upcoming blizzards with more ensemble detail.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic