Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Discobs 2022

George BM

14 minutes ago, CAPE said:

lol 0.15" here.

Looking like a bit of an underperformer over here based on what was being modeled a day or 2 ago. Never wanted the 2-3" amounts, but a solid inch would be nice. Lets see what happens with the developing coastal low tonight.

Agree.  If the NWS radar forecast is even close to correct, the eastern part of the DELMARVA from Richmond east is going to get nailed this evening.  It shows the cells developing near the VA/NC border are going to really get going the next couple of hours.  

Radar estimates for Northern MD is a solid 2 -3" with lolies of 4" in the catoctins and a few other spots.

Been a deluge up here most of the day. Has been a lull for the last few hours. Will be interesting to see what we add on tonight and Tomorrow. 

we needed the rain, so not gonna complain about that, but it would be really nice if spring starts after this system moves through lol.  i can't imagine what it must be like living in the northern tier states.  it has gotten a notch nicer lately, but this pattern has been tough to shake.

in any case, not surprised to see some flood warnings.  i did bike little bennett thursday and the trail was damp and still muddy in spots, unlike the previous couple months where most trails were predominantly dry.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

One single maple seed helicopter stopped my rain gauge from working all week. Not sure how that’s possible, but it’s fixed now!

Neighbor’s PWS says 1.31” so far. 

I have had to clean mine out a couple times with the trees dropping tons of catkins(tree sperm) plus some bug crap in there under the tipping bucket. My rain totals for the past week are probably low, so I will check the Greensboro weather station to compare.

34 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

I don't have a gauge out but the Rainfall Map has me at 1.5 new overnight and 3.3 for the event.  The grass is so green it glows LOL

Sorry to anyone that had outside plans this weekend.  Imagine couples that picked today for an outdoor wedding :stun:

Thanks for linking that map!  I was trying to find that this morning.  I was going off the RadarScope estimate which I thought seemed low given how hard it was raining last night/overnight.  Your map shows me at 2.6” which seems more accurate.

• mappy unpinned this topic