• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2022 General Discussion

Spartman

68 on a light west wind. No lake breeze, yet. Best day of spring so far. Was out on the deck this morning getting some sun. Man, did that feel good. Windows are open getting some needed fresh air in the house. Should hit the low 70's in a couple hours if the lake breeze doesn't kick in. West wind may not be strong enough to keep that from happening. As warm air rises, cool lake air rushes in. Just like the shores of the ocean.

LOL, just as I mention lake breeze, it starts. Looks like upper 60's is the most today. But still an awesome day for early May.

Last couple days, ended with a bout 1/2" of rain. So far, looking good this year. About 1" above normal. More showers/stms, and a stiff lake wind coming up tomorrow night into Thurs, with Fri being another day like today. Then Canadian air moves in on the weekend. Fishing opener going to be a little chilly on Sunday with a breezy W/NW wind. Go figure, that's nothing new. Natural jigging weather. :) 

On 5/5/2022 at 10:18 AM, Torchageddon said:

When I checked my 7-day I was stunned to see this:

paa1b.png

And today has also been changed to full sun no clouds! I'd happily trade more intense heat for something historic like this - I don't see this happening but its a major step in a positive direction :D. I had 7 days of no clouds during a period in June 2020 helped by less aircraft flying.

Too bad that was just a (predictable) fantasy. 15 Hrs of sun per day = pipe dream. I think last night the skies were partly obscured by wildfire smoke.

So far I'm at 27C/81F / 3C/37F - RH is very low at 20%. Still a stiff breeze from the south. Very good but 29C with this dewpoint and winds is perfect for me.

1 hour ago, Torchageddon said:

Too bad that was just a (predictable) fantasy. 15 Hrs of sun per day = pipe dream. I think last night the skies were partly obscured by wildfire smoke.

So far I'm at 27C/81F / 3C/37F - RH is very low at 20%. Still a stiff breeze from the south. Very good but 29C with this dewpoint and winds is perfect for me.

How is midwestern Ontario in the mid 20's but Toronto can't even crack 20C? :lol::( 

For my American friends, 20C is 68F. We haven't even hit that yet. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Was outside a while ago.  Really feels summer-like.  Hard to believe it was in the 40s at this time on Friday.

KIND is only 82 but the dewpoint is at 70. Juicy outside. I as walking from building/tree shadow to building/tree shadow on the walk to the Post Office just a while ago.

Heat index has hit 100 at MLI.  

Even though strict heat advisory criteria is not being met, certainly could make an argument for some heat advisories given that it's the first real heat and it's coming off winter and a cool spring.  I guess nobody wanted to bend the rules that much, even though we see it with other things like winter headlines.

44 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

MLI tied a record high today with 93.  Both here and DVN hit 92, with peak heat index temps 102 here and at MLI.  

One week ago today we had a high of only 51. and that was a midnight high lol.

HRRR and RAP have you hitting 95 tomorrow.

This is some impressive stuff for this time of year.  It's one thing to get dry heat at this time of year, but this is not that.

Tomorrow is tricky for GRR.  If outflow from the scattered convection off to the north doesn’t make it to I-96 it could end up warmer than expected.  The weak backdoor cold front never really materialized.  A due south wind means minimal lake influence, so long as convection doesn’t pop up on the lake breeze and send outflow farther east.  

• Like 1

92 at MDW
89 at ORD
Unknown at Chi Storm ex-home
That would be a high of 90° there.

I’m out of town right now helping guide a storm chasing tour in the Plains, so am not around to enjoy the heat/humidity at home. However, I did experience a transition from mid 70°’s DP’s near OKC earlier in the day on Monday, to a high of 102° Monday afternoon as we traveled through W Oklahoma behind the dry line.