• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2022 General Discussion

Spartman

Gray, wet day. Wind has slacked off considerably. Had an inch of rain so far. Looks like temps on the increase this week. Should be pretty average by the end of the week, even a little above with 50's, and even some 60's away from the Big Lake. Getting better. :) 

My Mother's Day forecast in the Holiday thread looks to be on track. Rain/stms on tap.

3 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Look at it this way.  You are saving on A/C

lol, indeed.

Unlike last weekend when the neighborhood was alive with people outdoors doing their thang, this weekend it's like a ghost town.  The only sound you hear is the roaring of the wind through the mostly bare trees.  Good day to binge on the finale of Ozark I guess lol.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Kind of odd how with the extended stretch of BA temps (leafout is the furthest behind on May 2nd I ever recall it being in my adult life, and that includes the godawful springs of 2014 and 2018); yet I've already been on two local/regional storm chases this year (could have been three if I hadn't been dumb and sat out 3/5), which is more than I usually have by this point in the spring. For obvious reasons, I associate severe potential with AA temps and the (theoretically) accompanying moisture/instability.

35 minutes ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Kind of odd how with the extended stretch of BA temps (leafout is the furthest behind on May 2nd I ever recall it being in my adult life, and that includes the godawful springs of 2014 and 2018); yet I've already been on two local/regional storm chases this year (could have been three if I hadn't been dumb and sat out 3/5), which is more than I usually have by this point in the spring. For obvious reasons, I associate severe potential with AA temps and the (theoretically) accompanying moisture/instability.

Really all you need is a window of warmer temps to have some severe opportunity, even at this time of year.  Maybe it's not as ideal as a pattern that is not so cool in the means though.

6 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Warm anomalies in the south and cold in the north help the cause for severe weather.  It's usually a miss south for the GL, but it means more shear if a there is a good northern stream low to draw the warmth up even briefly.

26 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Euro shows highs near 90 Tue-Thu next week for a large portion of the sub, even up to Bo-ville.  Quite the drastic change on the way it appears.

Not only that, but the Euro also has the dewpoint in the mid 70s.  That's ridiculous.  I'm going to assume that's too high given the time of year, but it should still be humid.

I'd really prefer we get a week of pleasant 70s instead of going from 50 to 90.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Not only that, but the Euro also has the dewpoint in the mid 70s.  That's ridiculous.  I'm going to assume that's too high given the time of year, but it should still be humid.

I'd really prefer we get a week of pleasant 70s instead of going from 50 to 90.

The progged dewpoints are crazy as you alluded to.  Would be more likely to see that at the end of May or in June.

Euro shows highs near 90 Tue-Thu next week for a large portion of the sub, even up to Bo-ville.  Quite the drastic change on the way it appears.
Today it looks like we may stay AOB 50.
Picked up 0.53" rain so far this morning.

I was wondering when some of you would start mentioning the positive flip we’re going to see.