joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2022

bluewave

13 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

Timing on the BDF for LI? It’s flat out stifling right now. Temp 88

Bangor, ME reporting 52 with light rain. Jealous 

You can see the progress of the front on Boston radar as a skinny green line progressing SW. Looks like it’s about to go through Providence and it’s making good headway SW. It’ll probably be to NYC by the evening but not in time for us not to get into the 90s today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

You can see the progress of the front on Boston radar as a skinny green line progressing SW. Looks like it’s about to go through Providence and it’s making good headway SW. It’ll probably be to NYC by the evening but not in time for us not to get into the 90s today. 

Is it supposed to slow down? At this rate it could make it to the City a bit earlier than expected which I think was around 8PM.

Just now, ILoveWinter said:

Is it supposed to slow down? At this rate it could make it to the City a bit earlier than expected which I think was around 8PM.

Not likely. Models are pretty insistent that it makes it to NYC by 6pm or so. It’ll probably start through LI by mid afternoon. 

Just now, dWave said:

Wtf man..that looks like a horror movie lol

another reason to not like back door cold fronts

Several times I remember growing up and watching the stratus come in as the back door arrived. 70s to 50 in an hour. This should be a dramatic fall off like what happened in coastal New England.