Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2022

bluewave

17 hours ago, Cfa said:

In today’s climate the stars don’t have to be perfectly aligned for mid/upper 90’s. Granted it’s only May, but still.

I was referring to interior sections, but it’s 92 here, on the coast.

It really doesn’t take much to heat up away from the immediate coast and Central Park.

• Like 1

Sitting at 90 and holding steady here in bed stuy

9 minutes ago, dWave said:

Damn that hurts lol. I would be finding reasons to go 10 miles north if I lived there. Pays off later I guess.

Even up to Brooklyn College is down to 78, with low 90s in NW Queens and the Bronx. Sitting at 93 here

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bluewave said:

The leaf transpiration on top of the NYC ASOS is doing its job.;)

1000 AM EDT SAT MAY 21 2022

CITY           SKY/WX    TMP DP  RH WIND       PRES   REMARKS
Central Park   MOSUNNY   67  65  93 CALM      30.06F FOG
LaGuardia Arpt PTSUNNY   70  64  81 NW6       30.02F
Kennedy Intl   MOSUNNY   72  66  81 NW8       30.03F HAZE
Newark Liberty MOSUNNY   75  67  76 CALM      30.03S

We hit 90 here for like 30 min lol I measured my peak temperature at 1:15 PM right at 90.  And by 2:20 the sea breeze kicked in and the temps started to drop.  Not as extreme of a drop as JFK though which went into the 70s immediately, we stayed in the low and mid 80s until around 3:15 or so which was when we dropped into the 70s.  The JFK sensors must be right over Jamaica Bay otherwise there is no reason they would drop so quickly.  Most of Nassau County was a few degrees warmer than JFK, I saw Farmingdale, Islip and Shirley all came close to or hit 90.  I don't get how Shirley could be hotter than JFK, as they are also basically right on the ocean and stick out much farther out into the ocean.

Just now, jm1220 said:

I’m in Long Beach now and as you might expect, waaay cooler. Temp around 70. Surprisingly the seabreeze isn’t that strong. Was expecting an Ambrose Jet on a day like today. Maybe that’ll be later. 

I hate that @%^& sea breeze.  The ocean is way cooler than normal, likely because of the cold spring we've had until now.  At least it hit 90 here at 1:15 before the sea breeze kicked in.  What was your high?

Another chance at 90 tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I hate that @%^& sea breeze.  The ocean is way cooler than normal, likely because of the cold spring we've had until now.  At least it hit 90 here at 1:15 before the sea breeze kicked in.  What was your high?

Another chance at 90 tomorrow?

In Huntington where I was, probably 91-92. My car in the shade said 90 when I left, said 68 when I got here. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

65° along the South Shore beaches with the sea breeze after a high of 71°.

https://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base_dyn.cgi?stn=F3143&unit=0&timetype=GMT

It hit 90 here at 1:15 the temps didn't start dropping until after 1:20.

I hate the sea breeze but a positive of wind energy is if we can harness its power we can use up that energy before it makes here correct?  So if we divert the wind away from the coast with wind turbines we can stop the sea breeze from ruining our heat party?

7 hours ago, bluewave said:

With the dewpoint pooling along the sea breeze front today, we may be able to approach the highest dewpoint records for May.

B2973298-9A9C-45A5-9495-B03E73D86A50.thumb.png.5d75e8e25a045ed3acae949e22e8e9ba.png

Whats the reason for the sea breeze?  What was different about May 1996 (and April 2002)-- is it just down to the position of the high or is it something else?

I hit 90 so I'm not complaining, but the heat in those years was much stronger.