Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Battle royal between June sun and the cold Labrador sludge.  As the sun goes down, ...unless the 'appearance' of momentum slowing really does go calm, the slab gets denser and creeps inland.   By dawn, it's still slate gray.  

But therein is the question...if the boundary does run low on momentum and the feed into the backside also wanes, that may be less ... It actually changes the outlook for tomorrow too. Because the sun would rise over a gossamer veil, and we could brighten -

IZG never had a chance today. Much wasted potential with a high launchpad before the BD blasted through around 6am. Looking through the obs history, it had actually gotten up to 75 at that point. Around 9am, the gloom began materializing and by 10, ceilings had lowered to 2300 with solid overcast. Glad to be here vs there today with our SKC and 91/34.

I expected to see much more stratus on satellite but at the moment it appears to be a thin band stretching from QC/ON border southeast to the coast between PSM and PWM. I'm not sure what the cause of that band is as it seems to be more upper level stuff given its movement. It looks like there is lower level moisture condensing in that vicinity as well. I imagine once the sun goes down all bets are off and there will be an explosion of low stratus.

From my years of seeing these, they do seem to more often than not have momentum issues during the day. Many a time they'd barrel from CAR down to BGR and then stall somewhere between there and PWM midday. Overnight they'd resume, and make it to the NH/MA border by sunrise.

I'd say overall it came in 1-2 hr delayed where I am, and about 2-4 hr delayed working SW through the area. But rest assured, all areas end up on the cold side of this thing before late night. 

Maybe NW Mass holds out a bit ...and west of the Greens... It looks like it's "filled" the regions east of the Monads/Wachuset ridge to at last "spill" west... It's a shallow air mass, but with potency in that shallow layer... It's sort of given the false impression that it is weak but ...it's not.  It's 57 in BOS with BR haze and strata/'dead sailor's ghost', and down to 62 at BED... 

When the sun goes down, the strata probably fills in, out to I95 ...may 495, with valley fog elsewhere.  The NAM wants that band lurking NE of the region to come SW and choke off any morning sun tomorrow, such that the murk then gets capped over - it's like it's got this agenda to torture eastern SNE like an OCD.  Euro agrees though... 

I don't think I've ever seen a more quiescent series of weather charts, days 4 to 10, like that 6 days of Euro model.  I mean nothing happens in any direct, everywhere ...  Dearth of anomalies.   Zero restoring events.  weird -

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I hurt my back around 2009. I was ice skating and racing my brother from one end of the rink to the other. For some stupid reason though I elected to hug the boards so when I got to the other end I was approaching the curve and when I did a hockey stop I twisted my body and hit the boards and my lower back popped a few times. That one winter in the early 2010's when we got destroyed did a number on my back too when I lived on a corner street and doing all the shoveling. But I really have to start some back strengthening exercises...that's a must. Now that I have a primary care physician he wants me to do this and if there is no improvement then he'll go for an MRI 

Maybe @STILL N OF PIKE can come down and show you some core strengthening exercises.

You are probably dealing with some type of imbalance or restriction in your connective tissue/fascia that never got resolved after you hurt yourself.  

• Like 2