Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think from here on out it’s just a subtle wind shift with slowly cooling. They typically lose their push after ORH

It’s comin for you but it may sweep around you into the lower els initially like it did here. But yeah, probably no doors slamming. 

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s comin for you but it may sweep around you into the lower els initially like it did here. But yeah, probably no doors slamming. 

It’ll cool this afternoon, but nothing like what out east had as dramatically. Just a wind shift with a big storm that probably sits over Holyoke and drops inches of rain up there 

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My classroom is still disguisting, but the hallways and classrooms across the hall are def cooler and drier.  I have one small window that opens and it opens onto a courtyard thingy, so no breeze.

I can smell the BO and ineffectual Axe spray from here.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 2

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Is it a window unit?  What’s the issue getting it in?

It is a window unit. I just can't lift it myself and am a bit afraid with my back. Have to carry it up about 10 steps from the basement. I've thrown my back out about 4-5 times in the last 4 years. Last time I did it last year I was picking up a laundry basket full of stuff and holy crap that was the worst pain I ever had. Thought I was going to throw up...finally got to my bed to lay down and it took me 3-4 hours to get myself back up. Worst I had ever done it. 

• Sad 2

54 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It is a window unit. I just can't lift it myself and am a bit afraid with my back. Have to carry it up about 10 steps from the basement. I've thrown my back out about 4-5 times in the last 4 years. Last time I did it last year I was picking up a laundry basket full of stuff and holy crap that was the worst pain I ever had. Thought I was going to throw up...finally got to my bed to lay down and it took me 3-4 hours to get myself back up. Worst I had ever done it. 

Man, you young kids with back issues....exercise is good. Its preventative. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, you young kids with back issues....exercise is good. Its preventative. 

I hurt my back around 2009. I was ice skating and racing my brother from one end of the rink to the other. For some stupid reason though I elected to hug the boards so when I got to the other end I was approaching the curve and when I did a hockey stop I twisted my body and hit the boards and my lower back popped a few times. That one winter in the early 2010's when we got destroyed did a number on my back too when I lived on a corner street and doing all the shoveling. But I really have to start some back strengthening exercises...that's a must. Now that I have a primary care physician he wants me to do this and if there is no improvement then he'll go for an MRI