• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

The pattern configuration across the country; particularly the western and central U.S. would certainly favor the advection of "heat" (however you want to define that) into our region. Obviously there are some factors to consider such as any resistance to our northeast but it won't take much for us to get some big heat/humidity days. Will it be long-sustaining? Probably not because the pattern looks to remain active with perturbations, however, big heat/humidity isn't really meant to be sustained around these parts until we really get into July. Anytime you crank 90's and dews >65-70 in here before mid-to-late June...it's on the impressive side of the scale. There seemed to be a time where it was tough to get dews much higher than 60-65 until like...August. 

3 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

Stein! Lots of Beech trees struggling in the woods in Salem.e2623daafd6a9abbabe140a95da9df8f.jpg
dd3a74572a059349ebb1b2925788272e.jpg

Welcome to beech leaf disease, and a world where one of the most important trees in our forests may go the way of the American chestnut — lost in a decade or two.

https://www.ctinsider.com/columnist/article/Robert-Miller-Across-CT-formerly-lush-beech-17187205.php

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Welcome to beech leaf disease, and a world where one of the most important trees in our forests may go the way of the American chestnut — lost in a decade or two.

https://www.ctinsider.com/columnist/article/Robert-Miller-Across-CT-formerly-lush-beech-17187205.php

Well that sucks....it's all over the place in the woods around my house.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, metagraphica said:

Well that sucks....it's all over the place in the woods around my house.

I read an article that in just one year beech trees went from 5% having it to 80%. Forget if it was Massachusetts or Connecticut. Lots of tree species will be dead within the next decade. 

The remaining ash trees may be gone within 2 years. The emerald ash borer has been found just about everywhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man.. what a summer !

on average it's been a cool and dry spring - and maybe a handful of summer like days so far? I can't imagine it has been THAT much better elsewhere. 

I do hope we can get a consistent string of 70's and 80's going forward.