joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

43 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That is one massive watch 

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/ww0262.html  

I've always scratched my head when they do this kind of illustrating ...

image.png.8f3acbe349162a7637ff15237e2b5353.png

Obviously "in or around" should suffice, but is it really impossible to be a little tidier? - haha.  Danbury CT, and Nashua NH ... bombed.  But that light sprinkle in Orange MA?  Phew, that almost shut things down, huh

Is it really hard to just draw that from HFD to PWM and call it a day? 

I think it's pretty clear they relay upon county lines - or I suspect so ... - and it may not be convenient to do so, but this technology isn't like DNA - it's not causing cancer if they change how they f'n do that. 

Guess there's more important problems in the world.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Obviously "in or around" should suffice, but is really impossible to be a little tidier? - haha.  Danbury CT, and Nashua NH ... bombed.  But that light sprinkle in Orange MA?  Phew, that almost shut things down, huh

I think it's pretty clear they relay upon county lines - or I suspect so ... - and it may not be convenient to do so, but this technology isn't like DNA - it's not causing cancer if they change how the f'n do that. 

The Nam's hitting that circle you have with the question mark.

31 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Nice. I still haven’t been able to get mine to connect to wifi. No big deal. I’m still amazed by how quiet it is. So glad I bought it. 

I scored a JG model 6000btu for 125 bucks yesterday for the grooming room. Never used by an elderly lady who switched to central air. Off the shelf they are $370

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Obviously "in or around" should suffice, but is really impossible to be a little tidier? - haha.  Danbury CT, and Nashua NH ... bombed.  But that light sprinkle in Orange MA?  Phew, that almost shut things down, huh

I think it's pretty clear they relay upon county lines - or I suspect so ... - and it may not be convenient to do so, but this technology isn't like DNA - it's not causing cancer if they change how they f'n do that. 

2 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Why draw the rectangle if you are just going to include counties outside of it? 0% of Hillsborough County is in that watch yet for some reason it gets included?

My guess would be BOX wasn't in agreement for a watch this early or maybe even at all. May see a new WW issued later but honestly I'm not so sure one is really warranted. Seems like this activity is going to fizzle rather quickly. 

14 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

My guess would be BOX wasn't in agreement for a watch this early or maybe even at all. May see a new WW issued later but honestly I'm not so sure one is really warranted. Seems like this activity is going to fizzle rather quickly

Me neither ... that other goofiness aside, I posted about this a couple hour ago.

Heights are following only slowly ... The front seems like it's paralleling the flow. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

My guess would be BOX wasn't in agreement for a watch this early or maybe even at all. May see a new WW issued later but honestly I'm not so sure one is really warranted. Seems like this activity is going to fizzle rather quickly. 

I think you're going to have a better shot at this on Thursday/late .. into Friday .if timing works out.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think you're going to have a better shot at this on Thursday/late .. into Friday .if timing works out.

Hoping so! 

Been so many mixed signals on the pattern for the last week of May/first week of June. Been some hints at some sort of cut-off. If that doesn't verify we could get into a tasty pattern.

5 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

I had a pretty big one on me yesterday glad I found it as it was just crawling on me

We get our property sprayed by tick ranger as we’re surrounded by woods. They use a cedar oil based mix. They spray 4 times a season and it’s fairly inexpensive. We had ticks in April before the first spray, nothing since. They give discounts to referrals too for both parties so anyone interested should find a current customer who referred them. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’ve never noticed ticks being so voracious as they have been today.  

I just walked thru a tiny bit of grass at the local trout hole and got like 10 on me in 10 feet, and they were crawling as fast as ants lol.

93 on my deck out of the sun. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We get our property sprayed by tick ranger as we’re surrounded by woods. They use a cedar oil based mix. They spray 4 times a season and it’s fairly inexpensive. We had ticks in April before the first spray, nothing since. They give discounts to referrals too for both parties so anyone interested should find a current customer who referred them. 

I will literally go years between finding a tick and between yesterday and today I’ve had 4-5 climbing on my.  The big dog ticks 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I will literally go years between finding a tick and between yesterday and today I’ve had 4-5 climbing on my.  The big dog ticks 

I’m not sure what the reasons are, it’s been a fairly dry start to the season indicated by that David clown on his knees rubbing his hands through the top later. But I hate those blood sucking vampires. I’ll do anything to keep them off our property. 

• Like 1