• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

I'm wondering how proficient convection will penetrate SE across the non-hydrostatic gradient later tonight. Those heights are not in any hurry to fall - though receding slowly.  You like height falls, while still elevated hydrostatics -that's the cap recession happening with elevated CIN moving off if need be, or, just making for very sensy triggers.  For this region of the country, we could use some mid level wind momentum too/shear kinematics to give assist.  Those mechanics ... are they in place tonight S-E of ALB?  

This looks like a candidate for a front to come in underwhelming and end up paralleling the flow before fading ...  It'll be enough to make for 73/49 top 10 gems for a couple days ...then -

There's been a better convective signal for the end of the week that's been consistent in all the guidance.

Just now, dendrite said:

Only 76° here so far with light winds. Kinda meh, but we need the downslope to get cranking to pull off 90+ in the backyard.

Worked with my client this morning planting a garden at his house. Sun was baking. Hot stuff for another day then we COC

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Only 76° here so far with light winds. Kinda meh, but we need the downslope to get cranking to pull off 90+ in the backyard.

Yeah I've been trying to engineer a way for others to get into the 90 club all morning.   Verdict still out on success - lol..

But agreed.  I think though this day has more chance of scouring out the subtle stable layer that's plagued the bottom of the sounding. It's really from you to about Logan... along and E of the line is 3 to 5 or < below the 85 I have presently here.  My wind is SW... ASH is E... But above the deck there's a little more momentum ...blah blah, the boundary that's 'not really there' retreats?

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah I've been trying to engineer a way for others to get into the 90 club all morning.   Verdict still out on success - lol..

But agreed.  I think though this day has more chance of scouring out the subtle stable layer that's plagued the bottom of the sounding. It's really from you to about Logan... along and E of the line is 3 to 5 or < below the 85 I have presently here.  My wind is SW... ASH is E... But above the deck there's a little more momentum ...blah blah, the boundary that's 'not really there' retreats?

I think those who fogged up this morning are the ones still struggling with the maritime taint. We’ll fully mix it out as the SW gradient increases ahead of the cold fropa. Pushing 80° with sun so I’m not complaining.

image.png

31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The Chamber of Commerce will approve of the great stretch of warm but low dews weather coming up. Crisp and clean, men is suits taking Commerce brochure pictures everywhere. Beautiful days 

download (1).png

Yea, beauty incoming. No sign of sustained summeh until MDW and even that is still a toss up.