• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

Dews still low here, though probably near 40 compared to yesterday's 20s.  Upper 70s now so a 4th straight day with diurnal range 40 or more.  May diurnal averages 24.8°, tops by 1.4° over 2nd place April.  Lowest is Dec with 17.4°.  Twice May had 29.9° average range; it's 31.0° thru yesterday but next week will shrink it some.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Finally it’s full on summer with nice dews. 76/63. Dewy.. get after it . No more of that nasty dry stuff 

It’s awesome out, first dip in the new pool after a few hours of working on the landscaping around it! Up to 79 degrees in the pool, didn’t even have to heat it up. 

image.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I've never understood the fascination with drought conditions....

Especially ones measured in weeks.  I came of age in the 1960s, probably the Northeast's worst drought on record, and it was fascinating - if slow-motion disaster qualifies.

11 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Especially ones measured in weeks.  I came of age in the 1960s, probably the Northeast's worst drought on record, and it was fascinating - if slow-motion disaster qualifies.

I remember the local NNJ reservoirs being down to under 30% capacity at the worst point.   My father decided we needed to dig a well-many people were dong that.   By the time we reached ground water the drought had broken....lol.

• Haha 1