Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, butterfish55 said:

I knew it was coming ... I didn't wanna mention it ahead of his announcing - who would?   but yeah, memories galore.   Great forecaster.  Above all else, a great human being.   Deserves all the credit and them some, as well as happiness and success in any new found directives, or in freedom. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

82/27 like living in a Rocky Mtn ski town in July.

Theres just like dust blowing around in the breeze, ha.

Made 73 here along Rt 2/eastern Mohawk Trail in N Mass... 75 in MHT, NH and 82 in ALB.   Over top was a good call ... but now the question, does is bleed south.

NAM says no...  Not sure I buy it though.  Boston staying 17C in T1 ( 980 MB level) with a WSW breeze under full sun, with 850s all the way at 14.5 C on Friday like the NAM's selling - wrong.  Looks like it's trying to pollute the lower levels with surplus RH with no prior DP advection ... yeah it's doing something naughty.  I wonder if the 'winter algorithms' are still firing in the guidance - used to be a factor in the old days.  Maybe the seasonal change is seamless in the tech these days - no idea just conjecture. 

At any rate, synoptically it looks to me like 78 here tomorrow, and 80s on Friday.  Saturday the pan-region tickles dp of 60 with the smell of distant thunder-able air.  

• Like 1

Oh I see what it's doing and it's not likely right.   It appears to be taking the return flow and mixing with the dry air in place, and wetbulbing the low-levels to near saturation.  Least that's what it looks like.  As the wind veers around to SW at ALB -for example- the llv RH jumps to 90+% at 18z Friday with blue sky over head, and the temperature there stagnates.  That's BS

57 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I knew it was coming ... I didn't wanna mention it ahead of his announcing - who would?   but yeah, memories galore.   Great forecaster.  Above all else, a great human being.   Deserves all the credit and them some, as well as happiness and success in any new found directives, or in freedom. 

I heard Kevin will be taking his place as chief met. Is this true @Damage In Tolland?

Big if true 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Messages with Harv?