• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

I'm thinking if the wind direction can stay N more than E, in the "NE" aspect ... would machine guidance bust too cold by a few this afternoon.

More N has the advantage of being less cold ocean modulated ... but also is d-slope trajectory. If the wind bends E biased tho, we'll cap lower.  That's the thinking anyway -

This pattern is 'over top' heat.  Given just a little offshore tendency .. the 850s/925 support mid 70s under full unadulterated May sun and non oceanic interference.  Later in the week, the moment the flow commits to offshore more fully we'll soar.

10 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Coastal SNE is surprisingly chipper given the latest guidance. The seabreeze front going to push well inland everyday through Friday looks like with strong surface HP hanging out over the GOM. 50's more likely than 70+. OOf. 

They’ll be higher dews towards the weekend but summeh is nowhere in sight even if some continuously attempt to pimp it. 

10 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Coastal SNE is surprisingly chipper given the latest guidance. The seabreeze front going to push well inland everyday through Friday looks like with strong surface HP hanging out over the GOM. 50's more likely than 70+. OOf. 

Yes in eastern areas it doesn't look warm at all this week.  This warm-up is really being tempered big time.. 6z euro and gfs keeps ct in the 60s/70s all week compared to 80s/90s in earlier guidance 

13 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I'll take 58° with less wind over this misery. The last month has been chinese water torture 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

image.thumb.png.8ec79cef331137d66121d5630c25b21c.pngWednesday could be a bit of a letdown. Looks better thurs, maybe clouds Friday?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I dunno about the 'chipper' part ... but I agree with the latter reasoning in general.  

The thing is, there's two separate mechanics in play, too.  If the gradient lessens enough ...the seabreeze takes over and penetrates farther inland. If the gradient stays stronger and focuses  ...it'll depend ( again ) whether that is more N or E in the NE manifold.  Kind of confusing a little. 

I just posted about that a few moments ago, how it it really may depend on where the NNE vs the ENE axis ends up... It's almost like coastal frontal tendency...despite all other synoptic metrics not typically being involved for/when considering the presence of one.  Interesting in that sense...

Anyway, more NNE is a warm trajectory in this weirdly inverted synoptic setting... It's over top warmth as we know blah blah.  But 850s to 925 mixing depth temperatures/adiabats already supporting those 70s you mention.  Which taking place underneath full 100% solar max equiv radiation dump-in?  If the wind stays N at FIT, we bust the MEX machine numbers by a few.  Hell, it's 67 here in Ayer, mid way between FIT and ASH, ...already surpassing the the NAM's previous fixes for the high.

• Like 1

Heh...  I don't think keeping CT that cold is going to work out too well if the Euro and GFS are indicating that

Those models are not likely correct if they are, unless we alter the synoptics.  The MEX numbers - btw - are warm fwiw.  But the former pretty clearly signal the gradient weakens ( first ...), then tends to go offshore ( 2nd), then definitely commits to doing so.

Granted, taking 3 days to totally transition but by Thursday ... we're likely 80 in HFD.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh...  I don't think keeping CT that cold is going to work out too well if the Euro and GFS are indicating that

Those models are not likely correct if they are, unless we alter the synoptics.  The MEX numbers - btw - are warm fwiw.  But the former pretty clearly signal the gradient weakens ( first ...), then tends to go offshore ( 2nd), then definitely commits to doing so.

Granted, taking 3 days to totally transition but by Thursday ... we're likely 80 in HFD.  

They aren’t . Not following how 80+ and humid for 3-4 days late week is not summer in the words of a poster earlier 

• Confused 1

Nah, I think we inch to 69 here and bust MOS already. The gradient is crucially, already weakened enough.  I don't see a sea-breeze getting the 3-km's western extension by 18z, today.  Not sure where that comes from tomorrow. Maybe I am missing - is there a cold pulse coming ??  By extension and form, that looks an over done sea-breeze intrusion. Not sure why tomorrow would be worse than today - but maybe... I dunno.

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They aren’t . Not following how 80+ and humid for 3-4 days late week is not summer in the words of a poster earlier 

Kevin... seriously/curiously - why do you have to always ... like autopilot apply spin toward more. 

The problem is, when you act to agree, but then spin, that sorta inadvertently couches that person into your leaning aspect - I realize this is a public bus stop on the Internet and therefore decorum is escaping at best, at other times there are no "real" rules...but c'mon. Lol

I'm just trying to justify a warmer appeal. I'm not surging into DPs this, and humidity that. That's your bag -

In fact, I suspect it is dry warmth and bigger diurnal spreads for Tolland/CT until late Friday ...more likely Saturday, and then it depends how much theta-e advects in - though I agree the DPs'll elevate some before that fropa early next week.   I suppose by convention of being the 'first exposure' to any DP it may feel more humid by then. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Kevin... seriously/curiously - why do you have to always ... like autopilot apply spin toward more. 

The problem is, when you act to agree, but then spin, that sorta inadvertently couches that person into your leaning aspect - I realize this is a public bus stop on the Internet and therefore decorum is escaping at best, at other times there are no "real" rules...but c'mon. Lol

I'm just trying to justify a warmer appeal. I'm not surging into DPs this, and humidity that. That's your bag -

In fact, I suspect it is dry warmth and bigger diurnal spreads for Tolland/CT until late Friday ...more likely Saturday, and then it depends how much theta-e advects in - though I agree the DPs'll elevate some before that fropa early next week.   I suppose by convention of being the 'first exposure' to any DP it may feel more humid by then. 

That’s exactly what I said. End of week weekend summer with dews. 80/68 is summer . No spin at all there Dre 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Not sure why some individuals  are sssoooo anxious to begin running  up large electric bills  for AC use...

Well up until Monday I was still using my heat, so I’m in no rush to use my AC but using my furnace in Mid May down here is a little rough lol.

Just now, dendrite said:

70.1F

1st 70s of the year. :stein:

Near 70 here after yesterday's 66, and pure sun.  Amazing run of sun for early May, will change for the weekend and spoil yet another total lunar eclipse - would be the 4th in a row clouded out here.  If 4/8/24 is socked in, the frustration would boil over - first lifetime chance to view a total solar eclipse wrecked by the atmosphere, not good.

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

:lol: It’s built into the KFS forecast model.  Take sensible weather outcome X and add more spice to it in the form of a few more degrees, more dews, more inches of snow, higher wind speeds… get it exciting and interesting.

If someone agrees with you, you haven’t added enough extra spin… boost it further.

Looking forward to a warm stretch coming up.  Been sunny for so long it feels like San Diego.

• Like 2