Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

28 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Am I the only one who feels like it's been just exceptionally windy the last month? I have no idea if there's any statistical support for that, but it feels like it's been constant.

This came up last week. A few of us definitely thought it’s been exceptionally windy the past month.  
Ginx found some charts that said Boston has had much windier periods in the spring but inland has certainly seemed quite breezy to me. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

About a month late on wearing shorts as most have been but other than that ,summer settles in 

for 4 ..5 days before the next Rosby roll-out occurs, heralding in another grapply shower fest to the hills with CAA blown open cu shrouding over valleys...

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

for 4 ..5 days before the next Rosby roll-out occurs, heralding in another grapply shower fest to the hills with CAA blown open cu shrouding over valleys...

Hope for the best, expect the worst until Father’s Day.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

There doesn’t appear to be any days after tomorrow inland that will be below 70-72 right thru day 10. A very warm signal has emerged in the extended 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There doesn’t appear to be any days after tomorrow inland that will be below 70-72 right thru day 10. A very warm signal has emerged in the extended 

Each year you seem to get more and more excited for the warm season… can feel it in the posts.  Much more so than your late autumn posts going into winter.  Just Fisher tweets, leaf out and warmth 24/7.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Each year you seem to get more and more excited for the warm season… can feel it in the posts.  Much more so than your late autumn posts going into winter.  Just Fisher tweets, leaf out and warmth 24/7.

Soon it will be bridge games at the Tolland Elks.

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Warm season gets longer and longer . You would never post about warm wx or summer . Now you get irritated when it snows late into spring and the wx sucks . You used to love frigid wx.. now you loathe it 

2 hours ago, Hoth said:

Am I the only one who feels like it's been just exceptionally windy the last month? I have no idea if there's any statistical support for that, but it feels like it's been constant.

Ginx posted some data behind it a few days ago but for kbos though. Yes, it’s been windy m. A lot of N/NW winds too which supports the BN stretch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoth said:

Feels great tonight to have it finally let up a little.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ginx posted some data behind it a few days ago but for kbos though. Yes, it’s been windy m. A lot of N/NW winds too which supports the BN stretch.

A 2019 study found that in the preceding nine years the global average wind speed increased nearly 6 percent, from 7.0 to 7.4 mph. Anecdotal observations in Maine support the premise that we’re experiencing more breezy and gusty conditions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

A 2019 study found that in the preceding nine years the global average wind speed increased nearly 6 percent, from 7.0 to 7.4 mph. Anecdotal observations in Maine support the premise that we’re experiencing more breezy and gusty conditions.

Curious if electrical output from wind turbines confirm.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Curious if electrical output from wind turbines confirm.

Yea. I read an piece on Oklahoma wind turbines and the report did confirm their climate is becoming windier as well. Interesting that it’s more widespread. I wonder if Tip’s evil hadley cell has anything to say about this…

• Like 1

Ran into a bear cub this evening on the mountain.  Thing was rolling around in the snow for a long time like my black lab.  Just upside down legs up and rolling in pleasure.

Then he saw me, was a little spaz.  Ran to a tree and climbed to the top, then climbed down as fast as he went up, ran back out onto the snow, rolled, then took off towards the other side of the trail.

Never saw another cub or a mother, he seemed solo.  Maybe a very young guy on his own for the first time?  He was smaller than my black lab but acted exactly like a puppy.  Just wanted to play it seemed.

279584538_10104785570340540_446135500704

279502391_10104785570235750_491721704240

279855519_10104785570290640_879695549225

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t ever recall a Mayorch with so many days of dews in the single digits. I mean lawns aren’t growing . Almost no rain all month and these dews and full sun and wind. It’s like Nevada out there. Thankfully dews get into the 60’s late week/ weekend 

Perfect!

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ran into a bear cub this evening on the mountain.  Thing was rolling around in the snow for a long time like my black lab.  Just upside down legs up and rolling in pleasure.

Then he saw me, was a little spaz.  Ran to a tree and climbed to the top, then climbed down as fast as he went up, ran back out onto the snow, rolled, then took off towards the other side of the trail.

Never saw another cub or a mother, he seemed solo.  Maybe a very young guy on his own for the first time?  He was smaller than my black lab but acted exactly like a puppy.  Just wanted to play it seemed.

279584538_10104785570340540_446135500704

279502391_10104785570235750_491721704240

279855519_10104785570290640_879695549225

My daughter spooked a couple of cubs at lacrosse practice  last week. Mama bear was not happy...

bear.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t ever recall a Mayorch with so many days of dews in the single digits. I mean lawns aren’t growing . Almost no rain all month and these dews and full sun and wind. It’s like Nevada out there. Thankfully dews get into the 60’s late week/ weekend 

Glad we don’t live there. 1.37” of rain last week, I’ve cut every week since April 1. 

D1B571B8-8801-4DC8-9938-82A56CC9D4A1.jpeg

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Glad we don’t live there. 1.37” of rain last week, I’ve cut every week since April 1. 

D1B571B8-8801-4DC8-9938-82A56CC9D4A1.jpeg

Nice man. Probably too many chemicals for my liking but the quality of turf looks great. I think I’ve driven by your house before but then again, a lot of homes in our area look similar.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Planted Mother’s Day flowers yesterday and the tomatoes and peppers the weekend prior . .31 rain for the month under full summer sun and wind and Nevada dews. Everything is just parched. My lawn still doesn’t need mowing 

Come June…You and your boy David will be pacing back and forth with beers in hand in a padded white room while vigorously tweeting the 10day qpf map from the driest model.