Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

22 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Likely to be canned here too although why not play soccer unless it's really heavy rain

U6’s so cold and rain are not the best conditions conducive for enjoyment. They have short attention spans as it is. I have no issue with them pushing back the schedule by a week.

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Crazy 10 day QPF.  Not sure I remember ever seeing zilch for entire states like VT/NH on 10-day QPF map.

FA1E55D9-A197-4526-97FB-4DD7CD22F20C.thumb.jpeg.aca2aaa515068453ac13c032a8a0a8b2.jpeg

Wow that looks like 10-day QPF maps here most of the time. The last time I can remember a rain-free stretch that long in Maine was the omega block "high over low" situation that lasted a good chunk of April back in 2013. Near the end of it, with all the dirt roads around dust clouds were being kicked up like the Dukes of Hazzard. Certainly not the typical April expectation, it was a welcomed respite.

I can say that the heat which is building out here this go around is the highest of the season thus far. We've hit 97 today and expecting the first 100 of the year tomorrow. GFS 850 temps over ME next week show some rare 18-19Cs. Tough to get those into ME even in summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Low 60s with dews in the upper teens, top 10 day with 20% RH.

Great afternoon for a schuss down Mt Mansfield.  Still skiing the trees in spots.  Looks like we have over a week of this.

02807CFE-F0DA-49AC-939A-AEEAAB448958.thumb.jpeg.64fa8e05b88180be1e4883cbc2262c48.jpeg

I've been in Colorado for the week, two days with highs in the 30s with snow and rain one day. Mountains and some of the higher towns got snow weds. Surprised that most ski areas are closed, only found one open.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I've been in Colorado for the week, two days with highs in the 30s with snow and rain one day. Mountains and some of the higher towns got snow weds. Surprised that most ski areas are closed, only found one open.

People stop coming at some point.  Spring sports start up for kids, folks can do things outside now that doesn't involve snow.  Golf courses, baseball fields, basketball courts, biking, etc... half the reason people go skiing in the winter (casual skiers), is because it's a fun way to get outside during those months to be honest.  Once other options become available, those things take over.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Tonight's sunset was pretty awesome over Mansfield.  I love that it happens after 8pm these days.  Long, long evenings outside.  We end up eating dinner now at 9pm though when you can still be outside at like 8:30pm.

279117969_10104783566112030_256327440271

Dude!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

With those warm SST’s .. it’s gonna be. I just worry this might be a very dry rest of spring and summer. After over 40” last summer.. I know what was up will go down. He will get me 

If it's dewy it's wet can't have both

• Like 1