• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

Quite the cut-off in sensible weather Sat/Sun- NNE vs SNE. 45F and windy, with showers in Providence RI, 60F in Portland ME, mostly sunny light winds., gusty in afternoon. 

Best in Maine. 

Looks like the cut-off for decent weather is right along the NH/MA border. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We just gotta get through another ugly stretch before we flip the breaker on, while watching some frantically tape their window units together.

Had my CAC serviced this week-felt ridiculous to have to turn it on while it was 55 out lol.

54 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Quite the cut-off in sensible weather Sat/Sun- NNE vs SNE. 45F and windy, with showers in Providence RI, 60F in Portland ME, mostly sunny light winds., gusty in afternoon. 

Best in Maine. 

Looks like the cut-off for decent weather is right along the NH/MA border. 

Sunday would be the better of the two.  Not sure Saturday if the 300mb RH allows enough solar to offset an onshore flow/ 60 at Portland. The N extent of the U/A diffluence fan is above that latitude, and it's >80% all day tomorrow. 

855 -500 is dry... < 50% along the sharp gradient in SNE like you say, but that has upper deck spoilage written all over it.  And with E wind of Labrador's blue balls  ... good luck with 60 at PWM on tomorrow.   

But, ...not gonna say it can't.  Sometimes these upper ceilings are not handled as well as the main UVM region of the atmosphere beneath.  

00z GFS says 'late not denied' on warm anomalies finally getting in here ... Late Thursday through the weekend as everyone can see there.

06z GFS, not so much...cancels it out entirely. 

Two runs, two distinctly different synopsis from Wed on this next week.  

The models are not really required to be hugely correct at this range

- although, they had better be when there's a 959 mb low sitting between Cape May and Cape Cod, with a 1045 mb high N of Maine....  of course!  

But that 06z GFS never gets the ridge axis to pass through at all.

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Already raining here and upton has .5-1 along 84. It will be a sharp cutoff though north of here.

some area will get pounded where the best frontogenesis sets up....probably over or just south of me. Models bounced a bit north last night which makes sense as that is the usual correction close to go time.

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah what a stretch there Thu-Tue.

Ha ... 'little uneasy adding the fore and aft days to that stretch ...just based upon unrelenting persistence to f'up warm signals this spring.  But yeah. 

I like the 16.5 C at 850 mb Saturday 21z as the mean between NYC and y'all central folk up there, with a DPs over 60, and mottled QPF.. It's indicative of TCU fun, too.    It's literally, not just figuratively deep summer, right down to the smell of the air - which we haven't even sniffed yet.

6 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We just gotta get through another ugly stretch before we flip the breaker on, while watching some frantically tape their window units together.

GGEM on board for Thur - Sunday big time reversal in sensible weather...   Daily thickness swells from 564 at dawns, to 572 dam, with +14 to 17C at 850s through the period in both guidance, with only convective debris at dawns yielding to lowering ceiling RH before TCU refire in afternoons.   ... probably 85 to 88, but 90 not out of the question in the GFS.

It's actually really pleasant here today...  No shits yet -

Ayer pinged 65 ... now 64 with clear air and zip wind.  The only detractor is the pal cast with orb sun only dimly visible.  But at least it's dry. It's just nice, no more, no less.

As the low south passes by we'll freshen up the wind, but I've seen this before ... That wind may not penetrate that far inland.  The low is filling as it descends S after 12z tomorrow.. That'll impart 35mph gusts into the city, but by the time you hit Arlington/Waltham, it's lost momentum. Flags are waving, not snapping.  Get out toward I90 and there's even calm moments. 

I'm not sure how pessimistic it really turns out N of the Pike given to winds tending to relax, rain never getting there, for areas W of 95 through tomorrow night. 

43 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's actually really pleasant here today...  No shits yet -

Ayer pinged 65 ... now 64 with clear air and zip wind.  The only detractor is the pal cast with orb sun only dimly visible.  But at least it's dry. It's just nice, no more, no less.

As the low south passes by we'll freshen up the wind, but I've seen this before ... That wind may not penetrate that far inland.  The low is filling as it descends S after 12z tomorrow.. That'll impart 35mph gusts into the city, but by the time you hit Arlington/Waltham, it's lost momentum. Flags are waving, not snapping.  Get out toward I90 and there's even calm moments. 

I'm not sure how pessimistic it really turns out N of the Pike given to winds tending to relax, rain never getting there, for areas W of 95 through tomorrow night. 

The nightmare weekend has begun down south. 54F and rain, next up 40s and wind to match. 

It's a shame because this would've been a doozy of a snowstorm in Feb or even March. 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

GGEM on board for Thur - Sunday big time reversal in sensible weather...   Daily thickness swells from 564 at dawns, to 572 dam, with +14 to 17C at 850s through the period in both guidance, with only convective debris at dawns yielding to lowering ceiling RH before TCU refire in afternoons.   ... probably 85 to 88, but 90 not out of the question in the GFS.

Should be a nice taste of summer for a few days with the dews up.

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When does the 4 day rain and cold begin? Asking for a friend 

It’s been raining off and on most of the day with temps in the mid 50s here. Day 1 BN in the books…but hey, if that’s your vision of a great spring day as you crush beer cans on your forehead, more power to you bud.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When does the 4 day rain and cold begin? Asking for a friend 

Already underway in SNJ where the grandkids live.  Tomorrow's forecast includes a wind advisory along with the rain and daily high about 20° BN.  Meanwhile it's sunny and low 60s here today, maybe some rain late next weekend?  :D

53 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s been raining off and on most of the day with temps in the mid 50s here. Day 1 BN in the books…but hey, if that’s your vision of a great spring day as you crush beer cans on your forehead, more power to you bud.

:lol:

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

The nightmare weekend has begun down south. 54F and rain, next up 40s and wind to match. 

It's a shame because this would've been a doozy of a snowstorm in Feb or even March. 

They just cancelled soccer tomorrow morning here. I have to assume they wouldn’t cancel if they believed twitter forecasts of 60s and sunny with muscleless joggers performing keg stands on their pickup trucks.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

They just cancelled soccer tomorrow morning here. I have to assume they wouldn’t cancel if they believed twitter forecasts of 60s and sunny with muscleless joggers performing keg stands on their pickup trucks.

Likely to be canned here too although why not play soccer unless it's really heavy rain