• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

Looked to me like the Euro trended S fairly significantly ... 

Not out of it, no - but doesn't appear to even wet the roads in HFD-PVD at closest pass.  

I really don't give a shyte about this coastal thing, frankly. I was pretty certain there'd be something smearing east out of the OV over this weekend - it's been on the charts for days and days actually... 

What's pissin' me off is what the models do with it deep into next week.  It's a weak low, but strangely giant only in the spacial metric - enough so to proxy the weather from Florida to Maine... stealing the entire first seasons warm ridge from finally getting these large stemmed deciduous trees to finally leaf out.. - a   nnoying.

Anyway, another bump like that by the Euro and Sunday ends up turning sunnier.   Still likely dealing with an E tube of Labrador fart but we'll see.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Looked to me like the Euro trended S fairly significantly ... 

Not out of it, no - but doesn't appear to even wet the roads in HFD-PVD at closest pass.  

I really don't give a shyte about this coastal thing, frankly. I was pretty certain there'd be something smearing east out of the OV over this weekend - it's been on the charts for days and days actually... 

What's pissin' me off is what the models do with it deep into next week.  It's a weak low, but strangely giant only in the spacial metric - enough so to proxy the weather from Florida to Maine... stealing the entire first seasons warm ridge from finally getting these large stemmed deciduous trees to finally leaf out...  anyway - a   nnoying.

Anyway, another bump like that by the Euro and Sunday ends up turning sunnier.   Still likely dealing with an E tube of Labrador fart but we'll see.

18z RGEM also south-imagine if this were winter?

rgem_apcpn_neus_84.png

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

18z RGEM also south-imagine if this were winter?

rgem_apcpn_neus_84.png

Absolutely brutal down here. 2-3" with 40s on Saturday. Fri-Sat will be the worst days. Maybe a small chance Sunday isn't a disaster. 

What a contrast to the beautiful 74F conditions today

This will be the worst weekend until probably memorial day I'm assuming. 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That high is the heavy that holds the crown. Runaway may get his beer bash bday party in after all in far SW CT. NYC south for rain 

trending stronger today that is for sure....right on the edge here hoping for dry...

• Weenie 1

It's always interesting how long snow can last when these mild dry air masses move in.  Evaporational cooling seems to lead to a snow skin temperature that is much lower than the 2-meter temperature.  The 30% or lower spring afternoons seem to do very little damage to the high elevation snowpack.

It's wild to me that the Toll Road path has been plowed clear and already dried (low RH), while there's 5 feet of snow on the level right next door on the neighboring trail.  The pile of snow from the plowing is probably 30 feet deep over the edge of the trail on the left side of this photo.

Spring is a fun time of year.

279218296_10104783002765980_190653769324

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Mesos are wet to the pike. NAM wants to park stalled LP right at the BM. HRRR and RAP wet as well. Congrats NNE on a nice spring Weekend while we muck it up.

I expect to be dry here. I don’t believe that aggressiveness.