• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

In any case ... it's more likely that oddity would 'delay,' rather than enforcing a missed warm-up, anyway.

The telecon spread signals a warm 'mid month'  - that's a bit longer than just D6-7-8, first of all.  But these operational runs, GGEM and GFS have susbtantial ridging continuing right through D10.  It seems to be growing more likely that above normal's going to happen.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Cold wet day in NW MA.  Gardens and lawns be damned I want two weeks of warm and dry.

Right ... as miserable soul sucking demoralizing as this fun killer weather is ... it's really farmer's gold for lawn care.  Grasses love this salad shit.  

My lawn inspires the appetite it's so deliciously green.  It's like everything not to wanna head out there with Italian dressing and oregano

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

God Almighty I hope this climate changes soon..I feel like I’m in an Edgar Allen Poe story

Then consider yourself in a charmed existence ...  The entire planet in fact, happens to be captive audience to a slow moving environmental holocaust because of climate changing too fast for too many adaptation rates to maintain a stable, healthy biosphere...

Is that soon enough ??

Haha lol...   I know what you mean, but I found the statement ironic.  

Tomorrow will be 70 to 73 accompanied by caressing zephyrs, while a very warm May sun 'summerizes' the affair.

• Like 1

Nice mother's day weekend disaster on the Euro....awful.

Hopefully trends back south...or at least trends north to give us good rain. But that solution is the worst. dogshit temps and mist but not a ton of precip outside of SW CT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Hopefully trends back south...or at least trends north to give us good rain. But that solution is the worst. dogshit temps and mist but not a ton of precip outside of SW CT.

Was it last year that Mother’s Day was quite cold but mainly dry?   Seems like we may have had frost in the morning?

40 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’ll be camping out in Fall River, on the battleship USS Massachusetts Saturday night, with the Cub Scouts, I doubt it’s heated. Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think we've hit 70 once this year. Not much in the way of heat.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Let's see if we can go for 2 years in a row of all warm season holidays having 0 redemption across the board....

Mother's day, 2022 kicks of the shit showing...

Next up on the eerily metaphysical attack is Mem Day...  lol

• Like 2

Actually ...Sunday might not turn out too bad if the GFS is right.  I haven't really been looking at the weekend - I just assumed it was 86'ed with the NAO still trying to block and that thing going under... But the Euro is decidedly piece of shittier than the GFS lol.

GFS  appears that Saturday morning's about as close as that gets, CT-RI wet...and then by evening it's descended S... High clouds probably Sunday There'll be an east wind but the gradient is light, the llv RH is 50% or less so it's dry at least.  Cool.  Shitty but a little less stench.   

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Actually ...Sunday might not turn out too bad if the GFS is right.  I haven't really been looking at the weekend - I just assumed it was 86'ed with the NAO still trying to block and that thing going under... But the Euro is decidedly piece of shittier than the GFS lol.

GFS  appears that Saturday morning's about as close as that gets, CT-RI wet...and then by evening it's descended S... High clouds probably Sunday There'll be an east wind but the gradient is light, the llv RH is 50% or less so it's dry at least.  Cool.  Shitty but a little less stench.   

It's a lot crappier down here Fri-Sun. No escaping this mess NYC on S/W. Your area is on the fringes. 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Fake warmth and a front loaded hatepril skewed the numbers. It’s been a bottom 10er for sure. A lot of grey skies and windy days. 

You nailed it with your forecast.

Today marks the 11th straight day with below average temperatures in Boston...the longest streak since Oct/Nov of 2020...Boston probably breaks the streak tomorrow

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, SouthCoastMA said:

looks like a rainy cool saturday/sat nite/Sunday morning in CT, per the euro

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Perhaps far Sw CT measures a bit . That high pressing down has massive confluence. Be wary of Euro over amp ness 

Current thinking on rain chances Saturday. Not going to be a very pleasant day with a gusty onshore breeze and low 50s. #wbz

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Stein really getting a stranglehold now . Steined on both events this week and weekend event suppressed NYC south and dry north of there 

zMqJ6ez.png

About a 1/3rd of an inch of water in 4 days this month.  That seems pretty average.  

Isn't BDL above normal water since March 1st this spring?

Hopefully you can Stein though, folks love a dry warm season.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

About a 1/3rd of an inch of water in 4 days this month.  That seems pretty average.  

Isn't BDL above normal water since March 1st this spring?

Hopefully you can Stein though, folks love a dry warm season.

Unlikely …

bearing in mind that nighttime lows have owned the ballast of positive anomalies in recent decadal era, that is physically caused by elevated ambient dew points - which is a concomitant aspect of CC … ( warming results in increased evaporation —> elevating WV, predicted by climate models and observably bearing out )

Heh. It’s analogous to institutional humidity. Lol. It’s built in, in other words and quite likely that miasma is the new paradigm.

Unless we cap frequently … in which yeah … it may not rain much but the heat over 75 dps’ll be relentless. Not sure that kind of dry folks have in mind?

Dont think it’ll be a Kansas summer tho. 

2 hours ago, kdxken said:

You nailed it with your forecast.

Today marks the 11th straight day with below average temperatures in Boston...the longest streak since Oct/Nov of 2020...Boston probably breaks the streak tomorrow

I wish AOUEDIT were wrong. We’ve been stuck in neutral since March. Everytime we have a great day, like tomorrow, we get punched in the gut the following day. Just can’t sustain true spring at all. Eventually though climo punches back and it’s HHH but we lose out with the quick transition. 

• Like 2