Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

40 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Getting caught up here with the cliff notes version.

J/k good posts Tip.  Hope for the best.

`Heh...it's aight.  Yeah, coulda summed it up in one sentence a pop but rubbing the shit in has it's own rewards. 

10 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

humidifiers ftw.  We keep it super dewy year-round. Plus honestly 65/60 feels warmer in the winter than 70 with bone dry humidity.  Not sure why people crank heat when you can dew it up and/or add a layer

.....do you mean besides creating mold issues and possibly contaminating air quality inside the home??

It's kind of an unusual pattern this late in the year. 

Trough west, ridge east, manifesting over a -PNA footprint. That's not exactly a wild anomaly in and of its self, but the power of the Pac jet is hidden.  The westerlies persisting with momentum across the N. Pacific.  It may deliver a series of rain/ elevation snow to California and other western regions in what's become a multi-decadal hydro crisis, but doing so in May - usually they're going the other way, seasonally. 

Meanwhile, we warm back east - the extent of which is vague at this range.  This is all still D 7 to 10

There's definitely a change in the cards later next week. Might be one of those step changes where the previous whether is generally in the past and you bump warmer. We see that in the Fall too, oppositely. Of course it doesn't mean avoiding a disaster for a few days...just saying the overall look. We've had shit early June starts amid a milder pattern.

45 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

.....do you mean besides creating mold issues and possibly contaminating air quality inside the home??

Air quality improves with NORMAL levels of humidity, and most of the winter (and often Spring/Fall) in New England, indoor humidity is well below that threshold and contributes to many health issues. Most crank the heat when they could just add moisture, which is actually more healthy anyway

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torch Tiger said:

Air quality improves with NORMAL levels of humidity, and most of the winter (and often Spring/Fall) in New England, indoor humidity is well below that threshold and contributes to many health issues. 

as do using humidifiers which are usually not cleaned...

Thursday trying to sneak into the top 10 ....

I qualify that utopia last Sunday in that recognition, with 73 high, zip wind under 99.9% purity skies.   Not sure we'll do quite that, but the NAM's grid has Logan's 18z at 310 degress/10 mph, and bone dry sigma level RH's, with 850 mb +6 ... That all looks like 3pm 71 with barely noticeable wind under mostly sunny. 

2 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

Air quality improves with NORMAL levels of humidity, and most of the winter (and often Spring/Fall) in New England, indoor humidity is well below that threshold and contributes to many health issues. Most crank the heat when they could just add moisture, which is actually more healthy anyway

Growing up in a house where it was always WAY too warm (for me) with a combination of electric heat and wood burning furnace was an absolute killer for me as far as getting sick regularly. Once I was out on my own and learned to manage the humidity and temp my winter health greatly improved. I still never keep the house above 67,  usually it's more like 65

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Breaks of sun. Outdoor shower time.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Golden?

58 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Apparently some said it was outdoor shower season, over the weekend. Maybe the only way to keep warm is a golden shower?

Gee, I keep wondering to myself why in the world I check out of this place during the warm season....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

May as well check out of the RedSox too. :lol: 

This is like the inverse of May 2007, when I made that famous thread titled "Barring Major Injuries, the AL East is Over"....Yankee fans swarmed the thread irate, but never did catch us. I am about to call it over, as far as the Sox are concerned. Not quite yet...

Thank god they dealt Renfroe for JBJ.