• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JDinCT
    Newest Member
    JDinCT
2022 Spring/Summer Mountains Thread

16 hours ago, Met1985 said:

4th day on a row of heavy rainfall and storms. I don't care what Asheville says but we are in a huge surplus here locally. 

Yes sir, Asheville is a downslope dry hole anyway. Many of the microclimates in WNC are saturated.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 7:50 PM, Tyler Penland said:

I'm just ready for a humidity drop. Feels like my house has been damp for 2 months now. Humidity trace on my station for the month of July was insane. Just absolutely miserable.

Couldn't have said it better. Condensation on the windows 24/7.

It certainly feels like an early taste of Fall the past few days. 59 this morning with clouds and a light northerly breeze. I'm seeing some scattered red and orange leaves above 5000 ft as well.  The persistent troughing continues to show up in modeling. It won't be long before we'll need to fire up a Fall/Winter thread for the Mountains!

• Like 3

Nice NW flow showers this evening on the 1 year anniversary of Fred flooding Haywood County. It's hard to believe the destruction of that event is still fresh to many of our neighbors. Hopefully we can escape any tropical remnants this year and transition quietly into Fall. 

• Like 2

What a gorgeous early Fall like day out there. Dewpoints in the 50's with a current temperature of 75. I saw that Mount Mitchell had windchill readings in the 30's overnight. Time to move to the Fall/Winter thread!

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic