• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Snowiest place on earth

Thoughts on the snowiest place on earth? 
Including mountains at any elevation.

My choice would be Patagonia around 45 south coastal mountains, elevation 10,000’. Should average around 2,000” a year

Other option. Coastal BC Canada mountains also in the 10,000’ range. 

Trying to maximize moisture and uplift. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Japan is up there for sure. They have events where it snows 100”. I just don’t think they have the kind of moisture feed you see in areas taking a jet right on the nose.

Mt Baker I think? I have it programmed into YoWindow.  I tried to find every four letter airport code that averages over 200 inches of snow a year and all locations that have experienced temperatures of 125 and hotter and temperatures of -90 and colder (and -120 and colder for Antarctica.)  Those are the two things I love-- snowiest places and most extreme temperature records.

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

Mt Baker I think? I have it programmed into YoWindow.  I tried to find every four letter airport code that averages over 200 inches of snow a year and all locations that have experienced temperatures of 125 and hotter and temperatures of -90 and colder (and -120 and colder for Antarctica.)  Those are the two things I love-- snowiest places and most extreme temperature records.

A few years ago, it was breaking 127/128F in Death Valley for 4 days in a row in early June. All-time record is 134. With SW High getting stronger, something to watch out for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StormchaserChuck! said:

A few years ago, it was breaking 127/128F in Death Valley for 4 days in a row in early June. All-time record is 134. With SW High getting stronger, something to watch out for. 

Yes and it has hit 130 there in the last couple of years.  Looks like the most extremely hot places are still getting hotter.

On 4/10/2022 at 7:53 AM, LibertyBell said:

https://www.mtbaker.us/the-mountain/snowfall-statistics/  It's up there for sure.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...