• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2021-22 snowfall

wkd

I haven't seen a thread specifically for reporting total snowfall for this winter. Please direct me to it if there is one.

I got a total of 17 " with the largest on Jan. 7 with 4.75".  Overall the winter, if you like snow, was terrible here.  And what snow I had occurred primarily at night which to me is a total bummer.

9 hours ago, wkd said:

I haven't seen a thread specifically for reporting total snowfall for this winter. Please direct me to it if there is one.

I got a total of 17 " with the largest on Jan. 7 with 4.75".  Overall the winter, if you like snow, was terrible here.  And what snow I had occurred primarily at night which to me is a total bummer.

I think because many of us were still getting snow after the end of the met winter, there may have been a desire to hold...out...just...a...little...bit...longer! :lol:

There were instances where some of us were getting more during storms in March than those in December.

In any case, I got 15.62" between November 1st and March 31 (13.57" of that in D-J-F).  My 2 biggest events were 1/7/22 (4.50") and 1/29/22 (4.75").

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

20.5" for the season here in East Nantmeal - which is about 16" below our annual seasonal fall in the western philly burbs. Largest was the 5.8" on Jan 28/29 and the 4.3" on both March 12th and January 7th.

I didn't realize your location averaged around 36" of snow/year.  I only average about 25".  Congrats.

23 hours ago, wkd said:

I didn't realize your location averaged around 36" of snow/year.  I only average about 25".  Congrats.

Indeed....when I tell locals we average the same annual snowfall as Chicago or Providence RI they are surprised - they know it snows a lot more here compared to philly or south jersey but....still they are surprised

The record high today is 86 set back in 1922 with the record low of 23 recorded on this date back in 1985. Our largest April snowstorm began on this date at 10am on April 10, 1894 and continued until ending at 230pm on April 12th. By that time 29.2" of snow had fallen. Of note temperatures never fell below freezing the entire time during that historic snowstorm. During the snowfall temps stayed between 33 and 34 degrees so you know it was a very heavy wet snow.

image.png.ec1572642487a37a57d6ed3ab93cc1a5.png

• Like 1