• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 10th - April 13th(?) Severe Weather, Moderate risk in place for Iowa today

12 minutes ago, WxSynopsisDavid said:

Looking at the traffic pattern in the area, roads are backing up for miles. Something indeed happened in swath from Rayenden, Imboden, College City. Likely a small tornado. Previous collage I posted on screen grabs are, again, a case study. Top picture was a shelf cloud reported as the large tornado. Bottom 2 pictures were screen grabs from a video going around Twitter that the media is sharing. That video is from December (thank you to MNstorms). Really think this situation needs to be assessed and reviewed by the NWS. Some serious changes need to happen going forward….inexcusable to throw a Tornado Energency for a scud bomb.  

Huge hail caused traffic disturbances for sure.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Huge hail caused traffic disturbances for sure.

NWS reported cars flipped and tossed on Highway 67. That’s not hail damage. Unfortunately we are all farting in the wind since there’s no video evidence to support 4in hail and a large tornado. Daylight will reveal what indeed happened. But I suspect this was NOT straight line winds. 

It definitely didn’t look like a large tornado but could have been quite intense based on the tossing of vehicles and a destroyed business like a high end ef2 to ef3 but we’ll see what daylight shows to determine it’s intensity. 

the size doesn’t tell the strength like look at the 150ft wide f5 tornado in Manitoba in 2007 and vise versa where I’ve seen wide tornadoes that have been underwhelming fortunately like ef2 or less

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WxSynopsisDavid said:

Noticeable radar hole, hard to tell either way

I’m fairly confident there was a tornado, potentially multiple, but I don’t think there was anything close to warranting a tornado emergency. Very rural area, limited radar support, spotters are normally pretty unreliable. 

• Thanks 1