• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mountain West Discussion

The thing that really, REALLY makes this weird is what a dramatic change this is. It's one thing if it's the tail end of a snowy, cold season. But I think this is only about Denver's third Winter Storm Warning of the whole season; we've had more fires than we have winter storms this year; the last measurable snow at KDEN was MARCH 16th; and May is averaging +3 to +4 F compared to climatology around the area. Just completely incongruous.

• Like 2

Updated list, and people can put predictions, snow totals and number of branches down when all is said and done:

ValpoVike: 7310'

Smokeybandit: 6300'

Skierinvermont 5700'

Mayjawintastawm: 5650' guessing 5.8" (will depend on my kids measuring, so likely inaccurate) 

N1vek: 5500'

Chinook: 5110'

CoScifan: 5105'

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I can't believe NWS had me in the 12-18" last night.  Plenty of needed precip is falling, but I'd be surprised if more than couple sloppy inches accumulates.

OK I lied.

There's about 10" on the ground this morning which means we probably got nearly 12".  Damn impressive.

It is a challenge to estimate this snowfall, but I think we likely received 16”. Although the most depth that I measured was 9.5”.  Good accumulation Thursday overnight that melted…more on Friday that melted…and a very decent amount last night.  I think my 6500’ call was busted.

edit: my weather station logged 1.51” precip since Thursday.

Late entry: we got about 6" from the snow event and lost much of a 40 year old ash tree in our front yard along with power loss for 27 hours. Yuck. Over the last 6 days we've had just about another inch of rain. Total melted precipitation in May was almost 3 inches! I've been traveling 10 of the last 12 days so didn't see much of it.