Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Observations 2022

yotaman

19 minutes ago, Fantom X said:

My wife and I visited Savannah for the first time on Feb 5th at night and the 6th through about 2pm on the way down to Orlando. it was miserable on the 6th - low 40s and rain - we were planning on spending until at least 5pm there but left early due to the cold. 

Very bad luck for you to be there on just about the coldest afternoon of the entire winter! Other than the miserable weather, how was your short visit here?

I’ve been to your longtime home of Long Island a number of times (relatives there), but it has been over 30 years. I was in Elmont and took the LIRR from Valley Stream several times to go into “the city”. I went to the Roosevelt Field harness racing track in the 1980s. Went to Lundy’s seafood on LI.

Today’s Masters will be much warmer and with much lighter winds vs yesterday.

On 4/10/2022 at 12:43 PM, GaWx said:

Very bad luck for you to be there on just about the coldest afternoon of the entire winter! Other than the miserable weather, how was your short visit here?

I’ve been to your longtime home of Long Island a number of times (relatives there), but it has been over 30 years. I was in Elmont and took the LIRR from Valley Stream several times to go into “the city”. I went to the Roosevelt Field harness racing track in the 1980s. Went to Lundy’s seafood on LI.

Today’s Masters will be much warmer and with much lighter winds vs yesterday.

We did enjoy what We saw.  Walked on the Riverwalk. Walked through some of the squares. 

Of course when we got to Orlando.  That Tuesday Feb 8th was in the low 50s and rain all day at Epcot. Wasn't prepared for that

I was on long Island 2 weeks ago.  Got to see snow showers on the 27th and experience low 30s for highs on the 28th.  Was prepared for that though!

• Thanks 1

Today in this area is one of the last days, if not the last day, til autumn with dewpoints down in the 30s. I plan to take a walk later to take advantage of it. Tonight’s low has a good shot to get below 50, almost certainly one of the last and maybe the last till October.

For KSAV, the coldest in May since 2000 has been mainly 48-55.

• Like 1

34 this morning in Cherryville.  Oddly the winds were calm but there was no frost anywhere that I could see driving into work this morning.  Shame we get these patterns now in the spring instead of Dec-Feb.  Makes for cold beach and pool water when I make my annual pilgrimage to Myrtle Beach in mid- May. 

The flip side is these are some great golfing and riding days and the cold mornings are keeping the bugs at bay.  Maybe we have a repeat on the 30th anniversary of the great snowstorm of May 1992.  Remember sitting on Woodruff Road in Greenville May 7, 1992 with snow and sleet falling.  Latest snow ever at GSP.  Remember friends driving to Mt. Pisgah to see the 5' of snowfall that fell there.  It stayed relatively cool all summer.   

• Like 1

Already down into the lower 50s at the two official stations near here and also down at Brunswick. I had an enjoyable walk an hour ago. With dewpoints in the low 40s in my area and near calm winds, some lows are likely going to be in the middle 40s though some clouds may come in later to impede the radiation.

The official stations in this area dropped to 44/45 due to near ideal radiational conditions of near calm winds and clear skies. In contrast, Ft Pulaski on the immediate coast, where winds were NE to E off the upper 60s ocean, didn’t get below 62! 

It was another fantastic and beautiful spring day here with a high near 70, near full sunshine, dewpoints mainly in the 48-50 range, and breezy conditions off the high 60s Atlantic. This month has had a good number of great days here. Temperatures have averaged close to normal, similar to January. Feb/March were a few degrees warmer than normal. I sat out IMBY these last two evenings. I hope to get in another walk later this evening like I’ve done the last two evenings.

Tomorrow should be similarly pleasant with it somewhat warmer but still staying in the 70s.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, GaWx said:

It was another fantastic and beautiful spring day here with a high near 70, near full sunshine, dewpoints mainly in the 48-50 range, and breezy conditions off the high 60s Atlantic. This month has had a good number of great days here. Temperatures have averaged close to normal, similar to January. Feb/March were a few degrees warmer than normal. I sat out IMBY these last two evenings. I hope to get in another walk later this evening like I’ve done the last two evenings.

Tomorrow should be similarly pleasant with it somewhat warmer but still staying in the 70s.

It has been a very good month temp wise. Our high yesterday was 63. Today is only getting into the low 70's. Love this weather.

• Like 1