• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring 2022

2 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Dang 0.25”.  I only managed 0.04” and the heavier radar returns were on my side of the mountain.   

I think there was a lot of virga north of me.  Radar showed rain up there a lot but it did not get to the ground from what I heard.  Estimated radar had some .3" on this side of the mountain but not sure it actually made that.  Note the .25-.50 creeping into Southern Franklin. 

image.png.eaf9e910aec33d0895b98bb6c26f9019.png

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I think there was a lot of virga north of me.  Radar showed rain up there a lot but it did not get to the ground from what I heard.  Estimated radar had some .3" over here but not sure it actually made that.  Note the .25-.50 creeping into Southern Franklin. 

image.png.eaf9e910aec33d0895b98bb6c26f9019.png

I watched the radar close.   Didn’t seem that heavy.   Fairfield course only managed 0.03” and that’s less than 10 miles from m/d line.    I’ll check cocarahs and see if anyone had that much 

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I watched the radar close.   Didn’t seem that heavy.   Fairfield course only managed 0.03” and that’s less than 10 miles from m/d line.    I’ll check cocarahs and see if anyone had that much 

Just checked.   Hagerstown area was around 0.10”.  You’ve got to get down by DC before the 0.25” + start showing up on Cocarahs.   

34 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Just checked.   Hagerstown area was around 0.10”.  You’ve got to get down by DC before the 0.25” + start showing up on Cocarahs.   

It poured here last night.  We had .10 before 10PM.  Standing water in my driveway. Hagerstown is many feet below me.   This was why I suggested the estimated radar could be off on the lower elevations re: the rain did not make it down there.  It was raining here hard enough to get under the trees yet little rain in Chambersburg despite estimated radar saying they had an appreciable amount.  My neighbor has a station as well (the Farmer) and he said .21".  My ~.25 was in an actual gauge I keep out in the yard....unless a Coon pissed in it. 

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It poured here last night.  We had .10 before 10PM.  Standing water in my driveway. Hagerstown is many feet below me.   This was why I suggested the estimated radar could be off on the lower elevations re: the rain did not make it down there.  It was raining here hard enough to get under the trees yet no rain in Chambersburg. My neighbor has a station as well (the Farmer) and he said .21".  My ~.25 was in an actual gauge I keep out in the yard....unless a Coon pissed in it. 

Im gonna send you a cocarahs gauge.  Those things are sweet.    

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Working in tech, I hate technical weather instruments.  Just adds more work to home life.   I see there are no Cocarahs anywhere in the South Mountain Range.  At least not on the live map I just looked at . 

There are 2 coop sites on south mountain.  One at the restoration center and the other on big flat which is just a fisher porter rain gauge.   

Just now, Voyager said:

Why would you want a wet holiday weekend? Those are good in winter, but not I summer. I like my outdoor picnics and pool events.

I am just talking weather and what the models show.    If it rained Monday, it would ruin my planned family Memorial day get together.  So far Monday still looks "decent" compared to Sat and Sun. 

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is 57 degrees here and the house temp dropped to 64 which is where the heater comes on. 

See, this is why my AC runs so often throughout the year. My air is set to 65 - but my house will never drop to 64 when the outside temp is 57.  It probably wouldn't happen until it's well down in the 40s and only then if it's for a sustained amount of time. 

I keep talking to my wife about all of the hot air she's producing...

• Haha 3